Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
5,883 Posts
i'm in for half if someone else is.....jsut hope i can do all this once i have everything....doesn't seem like ill be done in jsut once afternoon either.....did i mention i hate Wiring?!?!

Jared

· Registered
493 Posts
Kevlar: Not necessary. The draw that the HID's pull on startup, while it is great, isn't enough to prevent your bike from starting. Just turn the bike on, let the ballasts discharge (you'll hear them get quiter and your bulb get brighter, takes about 10 seconds) then turn your bike on. No need for switch!

· Registered
83 Posts
Well, I wasn't worried about the bike not starting, I was more worried about the flickering power source. I thought that the starter drain would be enough cause the HID to flicker while the starter motor is running... and I figured that flickering would eventually kill the ballast.

· Registered
137 Posts
The problem I was referring to was one that someone else experienced and posted some where on this site.
The HID lit fine when they turned the ignition on but when they were starting the bike the HID went out and wouldn't come back on unless they disconnected and reconnected it, while there was no problem with starting the bike.

I suspect that the problem may have been an insufficient supply to the ballast and the ballast itself may not of handled restarting well. Wiring it up like CrMo4130 has shown and using a reputable ballast shouldn't cause this problem.

I just found this, so maybe LexusCruiser knows more.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.