Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Its is actually very simple, I have installed a total of about 10 sets on cars, and 2 on motor cycles. The wiring that runs to the headlight consists of one ground wire, one high beam, and one low beam. Simply connect the ballast to the ground, then to the highbeam wire. Use a tester to determince which is the highbeam. Now you can control the HID on and off with the highbeam switch. I am looking for a bulb adapter for the projector lens. I belive its HB4? Does anyone know where to find it?

· Registered
130 Posts
I havent had any problems since I first installed the system almost a year ago. Then again I will never turn on my highbeam lamp until the bike is running. It is true that the ballast will pull a lot of power when turned on, but once it is on, the voltage will regulate itself. This is not the case in older motorcycles, in those type of applications is where I would use a setup like that.

· Registered
130 Posts
This would be your preference. The projector lens focuses light onto the floor and has a sharp cutoff point. From far away it will look like its changing colors. Also, it doesnt blind people as much as the H4. I want cars to see me from more than a quarter mile away so the first one I changed is the H4 top lamp, now I will install the H7 HID.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.