Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know im going to get f*cked with for asking this question. I've seen it before on this forum but failed to find it. I searched 15 pages back used the search engine and couldn't find what i was looking for. How do i do the signal conversion so its in the headlight?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
what youll need

1)as set of 2004-2005 GSXR 750 mirriors ,mirrior bolts
2) (2) 921 amber bulbs..Bigger than little running bulb in headlamp..

1st remove the oem mirrios(youll have to pull out speedo to get to connections and remove mirriors completely.
2nd locate running lamps sockets and pull them out remove old bulbs and install new ones (921)
3rd cut and install turnsignal wiring to running light wiring. Make sure you cut back far enough so if you would want in back the way it was you can put all connecters back ..Now solider wiring and use heat shrink or scotch 33 back electrical tape.
4th Test each side 1 at a time to comfrm operation (should blink same as stock.)
5th after your finished reinstall speedo assy.

Now mirriors

Install mirriors just like you would any only make sure you use you oem nuts as the are machined to center mirrior adjusted them and Your done..

Heres a vid clip to see how they look. You'll need Quicktime player to view it.
click here or right click and "save target as">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.liquidgixx.com/images/Pict0001.mov

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help will tell you how my out come is.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
So i have to cut the running light wiring too , right? basically store the runing light wire ?? yes? feel like dumass over here lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey GSXR1000BADBOY, Just a question for you in regards to your turnsignal conversion.

Do they HAVE to be 921 amber bulbs or could I just use the same model of bulb as the daytime bulb (912, i think?) just in Amber color??

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hey GSXR1000BADBOY, Just a question for you in regards to your turnsignal conversion.

Do they HAVE to be 921 amber bulbs or could I just use the same model of bulb as the daytime bulb (912, i think?) just in Amber color??

Thanks.
We tried others (I think 912) but you couldn't hardly see em' against the headlight and that was at night. We then tried the 921 bulbs and they are bright, even during daylight hours.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
OK, dumb question.

Why even bother with front signals at all in that configuration? They can't be legal or effective to any other motorists...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
OK, dumb question.

Why even bother with front signals at all in that configuration? They can't be legal or effective to any other motorists...
It is legal and very visable to other motorists. I couldn't stand those stock mirrors and this looks far better.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
OK, dumb question.

Hello!!!!!It street legal according to the OHIO State HIghway patrol,,,,,,Work Reall WELLL!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts