Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
14,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a BRG 1/5 throttle kit left over from my 04 750. Decided to give it a try on the 05 1K since it was storming out. Not that the bike needs it I was just curious and anyway I needed to adjust the throttle cable play at the throttle body since the upper barrel adjuster was further out than I like. I do not like any play in my throttle. It did not fit as it was too thick and rubbed on the throttle housing. I machined it down as few mm and it solved the problem.

I am not sure if I dig it or not I think I need to give it more time to make a fair assessment.

I did notice that when I go full throttle my wrist is still in a very good position without any readjusting. I plan to test it out in the twisties tomorrow.

·
Registered
919 Posts
damn ur brave to put a 1/5 turn throttle kit on a bike like that... i know with my 04 i sometimes get jostled in the corners and give it a little too much and start the rear wheel driftin earlier than i like... hope it works out and hit us back with more details!

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
It easier to just buy a Yamaha R6 throttle tube. Simple drop in replacement, $9, no other modificaton needed.

If you get the R1 tube it goes to 1/6

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
It easier to just buy a Yamaha R6 throttle tube. Simple drop in replacement, $9, no other modificaton needed.

If you get the R1 tube it goes to 1/6
Which one is quicker the R1 or R6 ? I really need the shortest pull since my surgery !

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
R6 is 1/5
R1 is 1/6

03 R6 5SL-26240-00-00 $7.30
01 R1 4YR-26240-01-00 $13.05

The R1 is shorter. I bought one of each for Daytona. Had the 1/5 on the 1k and the 1/6 on the 600, both felt great. I just ordered another 1/5 for my K5

1 - 7 of 7 Posts