Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,688 Posts
RLarsen said:
I'm not sure if I'm the only person who experienced this, but you might want to add that the clutch will be super grabby after reinstallation, especially if you oil the plates well. Mine felt like it wouldn't even disengage, meaning the bike would lurch forward with the clutch all the way pulled in, when put in gear. One quick ride made it smooth as butter and perfect disengagement, but it might catch somebody and cause them to drop the bike in the driveway.

Awesome writeup, by the way.
I must agree. I have no doubt I didn't do as good a job as Ali, but my clutch reacted the same way. It took me a while to figure out I needed to ride it, and get some oil in the plates.

Nevertheless, this was a great mod. I wish we had this sticky a few months ago.:cheers
Thanks Gerard and Ali.

· Registered
3,688 Posts
JetSpeedz said:
not for long im moving back to cali for good, soon... this place is just hell during summer... 6 weeks of straight thunderstorms with 80%+ humidity...
Good to hear... We'll have to make a GDC reunion of it.
There's nothing like living in the land of sunshine beaches and bathing suits.

· Registered
3,688 Posts
JetSpeedz said:
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/member.php?u=76999
Rick you can bet a reunion is due lol... ill be just glad to get the hell out Tx right now .. stuck here for about 2 months before i go back for good
I keep threatening Mr. Martian with the prospect of meeting him at the track by the end of the year.
And Arend has so much time on his hands these days... A visit to the States wouldn't hurt his schedule. :)

I smell a BBQ and ride cookin.

· Registered
3,688 Posts
JetSpeedz said:
Rick Trackday and BBQ sounds like a good plan to me :) how lets see your up north, im in so cali and Palo is down south so it only seems fair to meet in the middle lol
No complaints here...
Let the planning commence.

1 - 6 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.