Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 465 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my DIY contribution this great site. This is the clutch mod that has been discussed in the past. Thanks to Stocky for his contributions and others.

I have the PDF also for anyone interested to download here is the link Below. 56k users this is your best OPTION. Also if it expires pm me with your email and i will send it out.

http://www.savefile.com/files/636359

Enjoy!
-Ali-:cheers



















 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
How in the hell can you print this without it cutting of a few inches on the right side. Even if I go to Thread Tools, Show printable version... it stills cuts off much of the right side. Can't get the pdf file to print either. When you open the file, you can't click on the print icon. HELP!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
aaahhhh... much better. I was beginning to think I was a total moron that couldn't print. Thanks so much for taking the time to put all of this together. Looks like as long as you can read, you can do this mod!!! Very nice work bro. Thanks to everyone else who contributed info for this mod. You guys rock!!! :punk :punk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm the only person who experienced this, but you might want to add that the clutch will be super grabby after reinstallation, especially if you oil the plates well. Mine felt like it wouldn't even disengage, meaning the bike would lurch forward with the clutch all the way pulled in, when put in gear. One quick ride made it smooth as butter and perfect disengagement, but it might catch somebody and cause them to drop the bike in the driveway.

Awesome writeup, by the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Man all that shit for a simple clutch mod.Man if i had a problem with my 05 i'd take my shit to the shop,the hell with all that back yard mechanic shit.Your cutting into my ridding time it's bad enough the weather takes most of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,115 Posts
Nice writeup.

K5 owners should also check they have 3 reaction springs.

Some of them came out with only 2 and the clutch slips a little too easy on deceleration.

Love your work JetSpeed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,441 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Larsen - you may be right but i didnt experience this and it may be b/c i left the oil sitting in the bike for a day before i started it up but thanks for the heads up...

njfinests - this isnt something the dealer will fix under warranty, its a mod we do to improve the bike... if you like the way your clutch feels more power to you but since you said it yourself there is downtime b/c of the weather you might as well do it...

Stocky - thanks but none of this would have been possible if people like yourself don't take the time to disect things and try to improve them and i noticed mine had 3 reaction springs but your right it should be noted some come with 2.

Wayne - its pretty easy to do the hardest part is just getting rid of all the shavings. good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,700 Posts
RLarsen said:
I'm not sure if I'm the only person who experienced this, but you might want to add that the clutch will be super grabby after reinstallation, especially if you oil the plates well. Mine felt like it wouldn't even disengage, meaning the bike would lurch forward with the clutch all the way pulled in, when put in gear. One quick ride made it smooth as butter and perfect disengagement, but it might catch somebody and cause them to drop the bike in the driveway.

Awesome writeup, by the way.
I must agree. I have no doubt I didn't do as good a job as Ali, but my clutch reacted the same way. It took me a while to figure out I needed to ride it, and get some oil in the plates.

Nevertheless, this was a great mod. I wish we had this sticky a few months ago.:cheers
Thanks Gerard and Ali.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Jetspeedz,

You are a blessing from the sky above. I have been having terrible trouble the manual online so I wouldnt have to buy one, and you solved this problem. I could have done it myself without it, but I didnt know all the torque specs.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Aw man, I just changed my oil today. Next oil change I am for sure doing this mod. Some times when I launch hard I get a weird grinding noise from the clutch for like half a second. Think this will cure it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
first, i would like to offer a compliment on the great job you did to lay out the procedure so clearly.

second, i don't understand why everyone is talking about and/or doing this mod. my '05's clutch works great and it's never been touched. is this problem only on some bikes? does this mod improve performance, and if so how does it work different or better?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Thanks for the time and effort put into this...........am gettin ready to drain the oil to put in a oil pan baffle..........will do this while its apart......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
goebeld said:
Aw man, I just changed my oil today. Next oil change I am for sure doing this mod. Some times when I launch hard I get a weird grinding noise from the clutch for like half a second. Think this will cure it?
Sounds like this is the fix for your problem that others have reported... getting the part if its not on back order will take a while so you might as well order it now:cheers

finepooch said:
first, i would like to offer a compliment on the great job you did to lay out the procedure so clearly.

second, i don't understand why everyone is talking about and/or doing this mod. my '05's clutch works great and it's never been touched. is this problem only on some bikes? does this mod improve performance, and if so how does it work different or better?
This is something that has been discussed in the past and some people have not felt anything was wrong with their clutch so you may be one of those people who is satisfied and has not noticed any chatter which is fine but for the people like goebeld and others this will fix the issue. If you do a search on the clutch mod you will see many threads on this issue but since its such a cheap mod to do its worth doing if you changing the oil anyway:thumbup
 
1 - 20 of 465 Posts
About this Discussion
464 Replies
182 Participants
Boardsandbugs
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top