Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here and had a question for the experts. I am currently looking to purchase a gixxer 600. Here is my dilemma.....I can get an 04 with a full yoshi exhaust and power commander for $8,800. Brand new, only 4 miles on it, full factory warranty. I can get an 05 gixxer for $8,000, bone stock of course. What would you guys do? I am thinking the 04 I should be able to get even cheaper than that, but the salesman doesn't want to budge. Any info or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hell I'd go with the 04, just because of the mods, and only 4 miles!! what are you waiting for?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Wait what color is the 04? That's real important, just remeber that Blue is the Fastest color that Gixxer makes!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
why the heck would it have a full system on it and 4 miles

sounds skeptical to me

·
Registered
268 Posts
Is the power commander and full exhaust already installed on the 4 mile bike?

Please tell me it is in the box, ready to be installed.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah Gimpsta you might be right. But what if it is the blue one. Wouldn't it be worth it? But honestly, it might be a repo or something. And redlight said it was from a dealer, so it might not be to good to be true. But either way if it's blue I'd get it!!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
If everything turns out too be good after u look into it,I would go with the 04' there are identical(besides blue being the faster after the black/orange)

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
If he broke it in and dyno tuned it with those parts in the first four miles, I'd take the 04.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much for all your input.....it is already installed on the bike, it is the blue one and now you guys are going to have me getting on the damn phone real soon! You think $8,800 is a fair price then? I was thinking of $8700, but if it is really worth it, I will pay the $8,800. It is from a dealer, so the only thing I could think of is, everyone is buying the 05's so they had to put a few extras on it to make it enticing? I don't know......thanks again!

·
Registered
88 Posts
8,800 sounds ok, I paid 7,190 otd for my 05 and it was brand new. . . . . had to wait a day to have them take it out of the crate.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that sounds like a hell of deal, I thought msrp was $8299 on the '05?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'd get the 04 if it is as good as it sounds! dealer ought to back up any probs with it for the next year at least! Get the 04

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Well he said it has full warrenty. Besides it's blue....do you need any other reasons?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol.....called and finally got the salesperson.....gonna buy it, should pick it up tomorrow if all goes well! I can't wait, thanks all!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah your right. But that only happens on the Blue color model.

·
Registered
360 Posts
You can only get the black/orange in '04. Why would you want anything else?

Seriously, though, I'd go for the brand new one. You can probably get the color you want, and for 800 bucks, you can just about get a full system with power commander. If anything you can get a slip on and a PC and maybe sprockets.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Ahhhh your just mad cause you got the slow orange/black, instead of the Fast blue and White.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dude, big mistake go with the new 05' Gixxer that way, it's better to be safe than sorry and you'll get a better value for your bike if you ever decided to sell it later.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts