Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys recently replaced regulator due to burnt out plug fixed that problem with hard wiring no issues for a couple weeks coming home from work one day i turned the bike off at some road works as it was gona take a while to get moving again stuck in traffic i tried to restart bike and only had dash lights a flicking managed to get a jump start and got home fine left it sitting for a couple of days checked battery and it started (battery is new as well) chucked the tester on and it wont charge past 12.5 volts with the bike running at 5000 revs I'm thinking either the new reg has shit itself or now the stator has shit itself
going to put old regulator back in as that seemed to be ok when i replaced it it was just 2 of the spade bits inside the plyg that had melted last time so reg maybe ok still if i do this it should rule out the regulator if the old one charges if not then i will have to replace the stator next, has anyone else had this problem i looked in the threads a couldnt pin point my problem and im not real sure how to test regulator etc at the plugs by probing wires i have the manual for the bike just looks a bit complicated for me and i cant afford a motorcycle mechanic were i live they are bery expansive for simple fixes any help guys would be fantastic to get me back on the road seems im doomed with a 2 week ride tgen something brakes and needs fixing since i bought it maybe i bought a lemon i hope not i refuse to go back to honda since owning my gixxer i just cant do it captain ????? i have a video but i cant see were to upload it on here remember as i stated I'm am a bit dippy maybe alot

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apologies please disregard post i sgpuld have changed back to the old regulator before posting all is good charging back at 14.4 volts inbetween 5 and 6 you revs i will leave the post up maybe helpfully to others if not needed will take down

1 - 2 of 2 Posts