Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i wondering for what kind of rider weight the forks are setup for, i am around 200lbs, haven`t put `em on my bike so far, but if i have to change the forkoil or do something else i would like to do that before i put `em on, i am doing a front end swap, so far i always hear that the bike are always setup for skinny guys

thank you
acer66

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_susp_settings/#suzuki

I used this as my base setting on my racebike last year.

njracer
What are the two different spaces for? They have settings in white then another in grey directly beneath the first.
What gives on that?
I just fucked with my suspension for the first time. I turned all the damping screws in all the way and then backed them out to the owner's manual's recommendation. Which, much to my dismay was not how it was set when I got the bike.
I also turned my preload in 1mm on the front end so I've got 7 mm showing.
Then again, I'm a skinny fucker at 150 lbs.
Anyway, I like the improved feel, but how drastic will
motorcycle issue front preload front rebound damping front comp. damping rear preload rear rebound damping rear comp. damping
GSX-R600 ('04) 6/04 4 lines showing .75 turn out 1.75 turns out 9mm thread showing 1.25 turns out 1.5 turns out
note: set fork tube height to 5mm showing above triple clamp
GSX-R600 ('04) 8/04, 10/04 5 lines showing .5 turns out 1.75 turns out 9mm thread showing 2.5 turns out 1.5 turns out
note: set fork tube height to 8mm above top triple clamp, with Dunlop D208 GP-A tires fitted

WTF eh?

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_susp_settings/#suzuki

I used this as my base setting on my racebike last year.

njracer
What are the two different spaces for? They have settings in white then another in grey directly beneath the first.
What gives on that?
WTF eh?
They tested the bike in 3 issues...first test was in 6/04 and that's the settings they used, then it was tested again twice and they used different settings.

njracer

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
is the 04 and 05 (600) setup the same? and does it apply for chubby guys(265)? will i have to make it a little bit stiffer to hold my fat ass up?
At 265lbs you're prolly gonna have to swap out the springs.

njracer

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
my old kawi 600 holds me up so i figured the suzuki should not be a problem, besides im losin my baby fat b4 i start ridin.
Sure it will hold you up but you're not going to be able to set the sag correctly. Get the correct springs for your weight.

njracer

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
where and what springs should i get?
I would call up Mike Fitzgerald at Thermosman suspensions and see what he recomends 703-628-6818

He just did my forks with penske internals and new spring for my weight...granted it's for my race bike but he's real cool to work with.

njracer

FWIW - It ran me $650 for the fork job.

·
Registered
213 Posts
thats alot of cash! this wont be on the track till next year so will i be able to get away with the stock ones for now? im a broke car salesman so buying the bike is killing me. i already have to get a new helmet and a few things fot the bike so if i can just cruise for now on stock that would work.

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
thats alot of cash! this wont be on the track till next year so will i be able to get away with the stock ones for now? im a broke car salesman so buying the bike is killing me. i already have to get a new helmet and a few things fot the bike so if i can just cruise for now on stock that would work.
Springs will be less than $100.

njracer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts