Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2004 gsxr 750 i replaced the stator and the bike started and ran fine. 1 month later it wouldnt start unless it was jumped off A battery charger or B jumper cables or sometimes rarely by C popping the clutch. Any time the bike is turned off "witth new battery" or i stall it. It has to be jumped off by cables and or battery charger or popping the clutch. But when i go to start it with out those all i hear is the starter ingaging but not turning over. Other times if its a couple sec since it was off i can get 1 turn and then just starter contact click. Im thinking its the rectifier any ideas of what the rectifier should be producing and how to test that before replacing? Need all the help possible thx.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
My connector at my reg/rec got hot and was melting wires. I had to replace some wires from the connector, that had melted the sheathing. I ended up eliminating the connector, replacing the reg/rec, and hardwiring the reg/rec. No problems since. This is what my connector looked like. Check yours.
regrec.jpg

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,999 Posts
Have you tested the battery and charging system?

·
Registered
'07 750- all of the bolt ons...track bike that has been converted to street
9 Posts
If your stator went, it is reasonable that the rectifier is done, and in turn the battery also...chain reaction. My advice - replace the rectifier with a factory unit, and get a new battery. I have been told that the aftermarket rectifiers do not last in GSXR's in general by several sources.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts