Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so about twonweeks ago i had some battery issues tonwhere i had to keep jumpstarting battery just to run, while riding everything shut off, blew a couple fuses. Replaced battery and fuses then fuel pump wouldnt prime. Changed the fuel pump relay and it still doesnt prime, cranks but will not start.fuel pump will power up if adding power directly to it, any ideas?? Thanks

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,943 Posts
How did you jump the bike? From a car that was running?

·
13,943 Posts
What does the dash say? Temp or CHEC?

·
13,943 Posts
Jump starting these bikes has been known to damage the ECM. That might be were you are now. But, if I were you, I'd check all the fuses again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive been kinda figuring as much, ive definetly replace all the fuses and just didnt want to order a ecm before confirming, thank you

·
13,943 Posts
The best way is to find someone with the same model (04-05 750, or 600, but don't run the engine long with the 600). Pull your ECM and put it in their bike. If the problem is the ECM, the test bike will have the same problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the mechanic who has it right now swears its only the fuel pump, can i trust that?

·
13,943 Posts
Nope. The CHEC on the dash proves something else is wrong. Short list of possibilities for that:

1) broken connection between the ECM and dash.
2) no power getting to the ECM.
3) faulty gauge cluster.
4) faulty ECM.

A faulty fuel pump or fuel pump relay will not cause CHEC on the dash. Period.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts