Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the options out there for k4/k5 600/750? I know hot Hotbodies and ArmourBodies but it cant be just those two. Im thinking ArmourBodies atm but really dont know.

Also how does the lower fairing mount? Does it attach to the oil pan bolting points or the frame? I cant imagine it only gets held up by the upper..

Apologies for noobing

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Sharkskinz or ArmourBodies are the only two I will use.

·
Super Moderator
14,989 Posts
Also how does the lower fairing mount?
It will attach to the upper race fairing if that makes any sense. It serves as your belly catch pan as well in case your motor decides to take a piss.

The upper part will go half way down the bike and the lower part (belly pan) will go half way up the bike. Once the two pieces meet they will usually connect with quick release fasteners like these.

Attachments

·
I want Rossi to fuck my ass...
1,375 Posts
^^^Welp I know what my next purchase is gonna be now. Been needing some for a while

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,421 Posts
Armorbodies on my k5 600. Upper to lower fit was a bit of a disappointment. As for mounting, the lower just hangs from the upper. You have to drill all your own mount points and such.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With those Dzus fasteners, so they flap around in the wind? Hah

I don't mind having to drill the holes, I'd rather drill perfect holes than have them all wonky

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,421 Posts
Not that I've noticed. The D-rings are a little offset and spring loaded, so when they fold down, they pretty much stay put. I've got one I know is loose, but the business end holds tight.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Noob question here

Can these be put on the stock '97 SRAD750 fairings for street use and easier access also?

·
Currently using pedals..
2,979 Posts
With those Dzus fasteners, so they flap around in the wind? Hah

I don't mind having to drill the holes, I'd rather drill perfect holes than have them all wonky

The holes aren't pre-drilled as geek mentioned, but they do have the locations predetermined for you. Point and shoot!

Edit: For armourbodies at least...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Not that I've noticed. The D-rings are a little offset and spring loaded, so when they fold down, they pretty much stay put. I've got one I know is loose, but the business end holds tight.
Ahh makes sense to be spring loaded haha

Hmm i wonder, could you get the "street" ones, then later fiberglass over the light openings and have it be just as strong?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts