Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

04 gixxer feels tight!!!

463 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Bluestick 
#1 ·
Is there any way to make the bike feel looser or freeer when turning? I am an experienced racer (not motorcycle) but the bike just feels very very very tight when turning. Is there a way to adjust the feel of a bike without going through a bunch of bullshit?
Thanks for the help / comments

#2 ·
holy crap -- there are about the things to answer that and the biggest one will be the first thing I post.

1. The rider/technique - that bike is NOT hard to turn. What did you race before Quads?
2. Suspension
3. Tires

I would just have to say you need more time in the saddle.

#5 ·
Throw a spacer on the top of your shock (4mm), it will raise the rear and flicker faster. You can also lower your fork tubes (3mm), the closer your hands are to the ground...the faster the steering response. Or, go to Walmart...get yourself a curling bar and tone/bulk up the arms..that will help also as I have a 7fiddy and it handles like a dream.

#7 ·
Is there any way to make the bike feel looser or freeer when turning? I am an experienced racer (not motorcycle) but the bike just feels very very very tight when turning. Is there a way to adjust the feel of a bike without going through a bunch of bullshit?
Thanks for the help / comments
Swap out the stock damper and replace with a Scotts or an Ohlins.

njracer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.