Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode about 140 miles on the bike today and didn't have any problems (never had any problems) till I stopped for gas after the ride....I pull in the station and up to the pumps. I turn the key off (never use the kill switch), I get gas just like normal and turn the key on and the bike just turns over....I take off my gear and put my ear down by the motor and turn the key on. The fuel pump makes the same high pitch whining noise that it and every other gixxer makes, but there is usually some clicks afterwards. This was not making anything but the high pitch whining noise and the noise stayed as long as the key was on. Well I call the wife to come with the trailer and then I start messing with the ignition and kill switch, putting it in and outta gear with the kick stand up and down (all the combinations I can think of) and still nothing. I keep turning the ignition off and on as well as the kill switch and finally it makes the high pitch whining noie and then the clicks I waited to hear. I bumped the starter and the bike comes right to life....I got it home under it own power, but its still messing up every time the bike it turned off.....Any ideas? Is the fuel pump going out?

Ohh, one other question. See all the mods on my auto sig? Is my Warranty Void if it is the fuel pump?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Simply amazing....no help for us guys on the "Older" "Dated" Gixers......lmao

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
The high pitched whining noise is the fuel pump running. Once it makes its pressure it turns off. So it is odd that it stayed on. I have never seen this before. The clicking noises is the relay controlling the fuel pump. The side stand relay switch might have been acting up. The side stand relay oddly enough controls the fuel pump and is probably the culprit. The side stand relay is right next to the fuse box. Their is a fuel pump relay, but have never had any problems with those. Usually the side stand relay goes out. I have a brand new in the bag fuel pump relay if you need one of those.
Shoot me a email if you need it or have any other questions. I don't check this sight often any more. Havn't been on it in almost a week. Skimming through the last weeks worth of posts in 15 min and answereing a few questions no one else has answered. Nothing worth reading here lately. Don't care to see 100 pics of new STOCK bikes. every other post is about a exhaust system.
It is not the same as it used to be.
jeff w
Nigel
mr mrw?
wicked 1K ?
and several others that I have forgot to mention do not post any more and nothing informative like mods to TB, head work, cams, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts