Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'04 front forks????

i'm purchasing a 2003 GSXR600 and it has the 2004 front forks, i haven't ridden the bike yet and its practically naked right now, no fairings....i was just wondering if anyone else has done this, the good and the bad, is there any clearence issues with the fairing or what not and is there anything i have to worry about....thanks in advance

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Re: \'04 front forks????

There the same just the lowers mounts for the radial brake mounts, and radial brakes are a good thing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

the guy i'm buying it from hasn't got the chance to put the fairings on after he put those forks in, is it going to have a closer gap between the wheels and fairings compared to the stock ones?

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts

the guy i'm buying it from hasn't got the chance to put the fairings on after he put those forks in, is it going to have a closer gap between the wheels and fairings compared to the stock ones?

04 fairings wont fit your bike, the forks are fine and they should look like stock when there on. You might have to use the 04 front fender.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

i'm not trying to put the '04 plastics on, its just the forks....took it up and down the block today, rides really nice, haven't really got to test it out yet though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

this sucks....well, i guess i'll try one last thing, going to change back to the stock forks (unless someone on here has a picture of a swap on their bike)....what all would i need besides the triple clamp and obviously the forks....will the '04 wheels fit on the '03, etc....thanks to everyone that's been giving me useful info

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts

this sucks....well, i guess i'll try one last thing, going to change back to the stock forks (unless someone on here has a picture of a swap on their bike)....what all would i need besides the triple clamp and obviously the forks....will the '04 wheels fit on the '03, etc....thanks to everyone that's been giving me useful info
what is wrong with you keep the 04 forks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.