Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been driving me nuts for a long time.. i just cant decide wether or not i should sell ot or keep it. if i do sell it im taking a loss on it for sure. Its an 04 blue/white.. already put on watsen signals undertail did erv2 520 conversion .. in my room in front of me i have a full system, pc3 usb, rearsets, grips.. sliders and braided lines... i havnt put any of that on yet. The weather is nice but i havnt even taken it for a ride yet... reason being is i sold my jacket/gloves to a friend for a full suit.. but i dont have any boots/gloves yet. was holding off thinking if i sell it i dont need to buy the boots.

Getting engaged soon.. so i need to buy a ring.. wedding plans ( eek! ).. etc. the biggest issue i have is that my corvette is almost 100%.. for the last few years ive had bikes my car was in pieces. so now that ill probably have both.. its hurting me to decide wether or not its worth paying the insurance for both..

i wanted to go for soem rides to refresh the feelings in me.. but then i woudl have to buy boots/gloves.. not really a big deal BUT.. i cant stand riding it stock.. and have the urge to just slap on all the mods and really enjoy it... BUT if i do that the parts are no longer new and i probably wont be able to get back as much if i sell themm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh help me !!! i put it in the local trader and already got some emails... but thats making me NOT want to sell it even more !!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'd say sell it or the Vette. If you are getting married you really don't need a bike for a while IMO. Also you can get a new bike whenever the time comes. Get a 06 or 07 750, I'm sure they will be updated by then.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx for the honest response. IF i had to choose between the two.. i forgot to add ive spent about $35k on the vette over the last few years so theres no question the vette is a keeper. It just hurts that i was stupid enough to go and trade my 03 600 for this just last year when i should have sold that. on top of that ive already spent craploads on parts.. and already paid $2700 on isurance and im not even riding it :/ to make matters worse last year i had an issue with not having any close friends with a bike to ride with all the time.. but just last fall my friend bought one so hes almost in tears that i might sell mine lol !

what to do.. what to do..

·
Registered
81 Posts
dude, if you really need the $ sell the bike...seriously.

You can always get another bike, they're cheap compared to cars etc.

Besides, you'll have an awesome vette to drive in the summer!

If you are gonna sell the bike, let me know I'd be interested in the extra parts you have or even the whole bike for a friend of mine!

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Tough situation Nasty. But if you're gonna take a big hit if you sell...all the more reason to keep her. Sell of the mods you haven't installed yet and ride her the way she is....and I know you can do it. A bike with a few mods is better than no bike at all.

If you do decide to sell, let me know which rearsets you have I may be interested.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
yeah you can always pick up onother bike. sounds like you invested a lot into the vette so dont sell that. sell the bke as is and sell the parts you have on here! ill take that pc3 off of you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I would say good bye to the vette and keep the bike. I could never see myself without my bike, But that is me. I am married 2 kids and it has forced me to sell. My wife and kids love my bike so I guess it works for me. Trust me the first time you see another bike screming down the street after you sell it you will wish you didn't. Ooh I also played the millon dollar street car deal and you NEVER get you money back on that stuff. I had a superchargered elcamino in which I did all myself had 28,000 into it got 12,000 back. Good luck in your decision.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Heh, you can always get another bike, but I dont see any reason to sell bike coz u r getting married,
I have 2 boys and married last 16 years, my wife gave me xtra money for my 04 750..boys [15]
are having cool dad [they say]....

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thx for the responses so far guys... appreciate it alot. i think i also forgot to add that this bike only has 600 km on it.. barely ridden !!

for now.. this was my close friends advice ... to put on all the parts, buy the boots and gloves.. an sincde u paid the insurance ride the thing for the year. im starting to lean towards that idea.. and i think when i put it all together and ride it i may reconsider selling it at all. but on the other hand....
too much thinking.. i shud sleep lol

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I say keep it. My buddy sold his 600 for $6,000 to pay for his fiance's wedding ring and like a month after being married they got divorced. Then he had no bike and no ring. Sucks to be him. KEEP THE BIKE. Later,

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Nasty, I don't know if I should feel sorry for you or be happy for you.
Well let's keep it at two part. Sorry you might have to sell your bike, but congrats on finding your better half.
If you're tight on money, I'll say sell the parts new and sell the bike. You'll take a huge loss, but at least you'll get top $$ now since it's the season.
If you're selling, I'm interested in your undertail and watsons.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Hey NastyC4, where are you from? Not to be rude to RichGoat but I might have an interest for it too if you do wanna or decide to sell it. Let me know man. Thanks

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Re: 04 750, to sell or not to sell.. I need some support !

keep it. it will be easier to have your wife help with the insurance payments if that's what she starts the marraige off doing vs. more bills later when she is used to shopping with that extra money...!! married 1.5yrs no kids.

·
Registered
171 Posts

If you're gonna sell it, there's no better time than now. Everyone is looking for bikes during springtime and paying a premium.

Secondly, unless you're racing, what's the point of all the extra junk? (except for the brakelines) If you're gonna trick out your rides, they will always be big money pits, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Lastly, don't get caught up in paying a shit load of money for a shiny stone whose scacricty is set by a South African monopoly. It ain't worth it, and it doesn't symbolize anything women except for the really vain ones.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Dude! Dont sell!

Look, i feel for you....I really do. But understand the choice you have and the future.
Being married myself (6 years now) i have put off getting a bike for a while. Being from Toronto I was easier, but I have been in south Florida for 3 years and its killing me!(picking one up in two weeks!)
Once you get married you will sooner or later (sorry to say) get ride of the Vette....and if you dont you will consider it when kids come along and you will find yourself with no bike and no Vette. Then you will say to yourself...now is not the time to buy a bike, i will wait a while....then a while turns into a year, then two years, then you end up like me getting a bike 6 years after marriage. BUT if you have the bike and no vette you will NEVER get rid of your bike cause its all you got left.

I think you should sell the vette and get something smaller and cheaper and keep the bike.

Good Luck and early congrats!!
Hope it all works out and you end up happy. Cause thats what counts!

·
Registered
26 Posts

GEEZ what kind of ring do you plan on buying! Whats wrong w/ a 300-$400 ring. I have been w/ my wife for 4 years and we have a 3 year old boy. my newest toy is a 04 750. I also have a money pit mustang GT. I will never give up on the hobbies,but family will always come first! I say keep the bike and the Vette. Well better yet sell the Vette and buy a Cobra! Good luck on your decesion

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

thanxx for the comments guys !! i really appreciate the input. well financially im fine.. its not really Needing the $$ from selling the bike that im concerned about. Im not bragging that im rich.. im NOT. I am doing well with a good job and i can afford to have both.. i guess its just a matter of is it really worth having both thats the issue.

I love my corvette. and believe it or not my girlfirend may even love it more than me ! i was considering selling it and just picking up an 06 z06. i opted to spend the coin on a nice 388 all aluminum motor.. 500rwhp.. and 8000 rpms.. slammed with 19s brebos all around all new drivetrain the list goes on... and unfortunately on and on.. lol im not here to brag and ive never tried to.. only trying to express my situation is all.. if it came down to choosing one.. its no question the vette is the keeper for many reasons. one of which is many of my friends have sports cars and we've grown up around the private street race scene.

On the other hand i LOVE my bike. i cried when the 04s came out.. i had an 03 600 with every mod on it and i just fell in love with the 04s.. so i traded up to the 750.. believe it or not.. ive only got 600 km on the 750.. i havnt even ridden it
The real issue was that is it worth paying the insurance and not having the time to enjoy both... thats whats been driving me crazy. BUT....

I think ive found the answer... Today someone came to see my bike.. and i felt like i was letting go of a part of me. he wanted to buy it and even had a cheque and i turned him down. i said im sorry but ive changed my mind. i felt bad doing that but on the other hand i was a happpy moF** !!! i feel so good about myself that i did that. i lied to my girlfriend and told her he tried to lowball me. she didnt buy it and i admitted that i changed my mind. and guess what.. beyond what i ever expected she told me that she believes i did the right thing.. that if i love it that much i should keep it !!

WHAT THE !! she could have told me this 6 months ago !!!! LOL

Iso as of now my decision stands.. and im gonan continue pimpin my bike out with my room full pf parts and order my boots/gloves ( thanks Michael- heatwave cycle ), and enjoy this baby of mine !!

happy guy.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Good to hear you have it all worked out. Sounds like you have everything going the right direction. Hope it all works out. A woman who understands a man's toys is hard to find.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.