Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far a Yosh TRS bolt on. Just bought the bike and would like to know what the best bang for the buck is. Thanks
P.S. If I sell the muffler what should I ask for it, and what type of full system should I get?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'd really recommend pulling the stock stabillizer, draining the oil out of it, and it with a 10w40 or a straight 30w motor oil. We like to call it the Stalemate mod. Or buy a good stabilzer like Ohlins or Scotts.

The next best thing IMO is to add about 5-8mm of shim to the rear. Greatly improves handling.

Frame sliders are a good investment. Power Commander and have it mapped, don't download it.

And the typical suspension work. Springs and valving in the forks, different rear shock or have it redone also.

520 conversion.

Then stuff gets really expensive. Suspension work isn't cheap but well worth the money.

·
Registered
545 Posts
5-8mm of shims!!!
3mm of shim on the rear shock : lift the rear for about 12mm!

you're talking about lifting it for 22 to 30mm(3/4 to 1,1/4")

·
Registered
49 Posts
Philbie..... I think you may be a little over Skyhighsami's head (outside of the sliders and PC). Unless hes a seasoned vet? Maybe Im wrong, but I would be thinking sliders, eliminator and flushmounts. But, then again it says newbie under my name for a reason.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He isn't over my head I am just wanted to see what works!

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
For cheap mods that have big bang
-1 +2 gear change
Keep the 525 chain until you decide if you like it
-1 in the front will run you 20 bucks from kneedraggers.com and it is a 20 min install allowing 10 minutes for beer breaks throughout

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The ratio on the shims is about 1.8:1 not 4:1. The shims will allow the bike to corner better typically. Mine for example would drift to the outside of the turn at the relatively slow street speeds.

Called Dale Keefer (sometimes he helps with the Spencer school as an instructor) in Vegas and asked him what he did with his 04 race bike. He went 10mm. To sum it up, it will help the bike turn through a corner better plus give you just a bit more ground clearance. But there is a point where you can add too much. 5mm should be very noticable without being too much.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does it have a shim in it at all now, or would I be taking the stock shim out? Also is there really any power advantage to the Yosh TRS bolt on that is on there? Or is it just sound? It was on there when I bought it, other wise it would have a full system if it were left up to be. By going down 1 and up 2 would that make the bike wheelie happy? I am coming off a 2002 TLR which I loved, but so far I think the 750 has much better everything. Thanks

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
No shims are currently in there stock. By shims I'm refering to washers with the correct ID/OD. Most bolt on pipes meke very little if any power gains. And yes, -1+2 will make it rather wheelie happy. I too had a TLR and they are completely different machines to say the least.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts