·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
118hp, 52.4ft-lbs, 171mph

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
118 seems a little low for a 750. most stock ones i have seen make 124-127 sae. how did you break it in?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is NOT a tuning. I just loaded the map from dynojet's website for the pipe/bike combination. I just threw it on the dyno for a 100% throttle run at a grand opening for shits and giggles. They told me a guy with a 100% stock 04 750 put out 121hp the next day. The bike was broken in per factory recomendation, with added brief "bursts" above, that is during first 500 miles I cycled it between 3-6krpms(with substantial effort made to cycle) and periodically( with increasing frequency as 500 miles approached) throttled it up to 8-9krpms for very short periods(15-30s). Oil changed using suzuki oil 10W-40 at 500miles. For 500-1000miles cycled 6-10krpms with increasing bursts both in duration and in length to 12krpms. Oil changed using suzuki oil 10W-40 at 1000miles. Typically run it 5-11krpms depending on riding situations obviously with higher rpms in the twisties as opposed to the super slab. Oil changed with suzuki 10w-40 at 2500miles(start of new season). Switched to Amsoil 10W-40 at 4000miles. The dynorun was done at around 4500miles with an absolutely brand new k&n(you know how badly they come over oiled by the factory) and the pipe was less than 1000miles old. as you can see from the a/f plot above the bike needs a little tuning atleast at 100% throttle, but I rarely use 100% throttle as my goal is for very smooth transitions in the use of the three primary controls: throttle, brake, and steering, and with most of the very twisty roads I ride there is little time for 100% throttle before the next corner. As it is I rarely use 4th, 5th and 6th gears, but force myself to anytime I find myself on the superslab to generate some wear and polish any crud off.

overall, as I said, I threw it on for shits and giggles, but the bike runs very well other than some minor backfire pops on deceleration. I need to get it competantly tuned but that hasn't been a priority for $200 in this past months finances as new gloves, new rubber, a new pipe, a K&n air filter and steel brake lines have sucked up my reserves. Of course this is in addition to the $0.50/gal increase in gas over the past 1-2 months.

everyone enjoy some safe but brisk and fun riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts