Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
what was his reaction time? It couldnt of been to bad with a 10.55. but the 1.9 60ft could be better especially with -1/+2. It took me a lot of time at the strip to get down the reaction time and takeoff. I have a stack of over 50 runs in one day to get my launch right.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Thats a good time on a 750. You should be able with some practice get some 1.7, 60 footers. Without strapping the bike or lowering, its kinda hard , but you could go into the 1.6 range. BTW. Your et clock doesn't start until you move enough forward to break a beam. Your reaction time is measured from the time the green light comes on until you make that move. Therefore your reaction time has nothing to do with your et or your 60 footer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Roger, thank you for clearing that up, I hate when people get that wrong. When I go to the track and I line up against some super street pro gas wham bam thank you ma'am car, I just let it get about half way down the track and then go. No reason to risk that thing breaking an axle and visiting me in my lane.

-Barry-

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
i'm only -1 with a leaned out gutted pipe, bike. Anyhow, drag racing isn't something I do at all. I ran a 10.8 I think its mainly because how light I was on the throttle in 1st gear after leaving the line. sure i ran a .52 reaction where .5 is the light but I road tracks is more my thing. good job though
Where I was the busa's couldn't even get off the line.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Roger, thank you for clearing that up, I hate when people get that wrong. When I go to the track and I line up against some super street pro gas wham bam thank you ma'am car, I just let it get about half way down the track and then go. No reason to risk that thing breaking an axle and visiting me in my lane.

-Barry-
I used to work at a drag strip. We couldn't buy insurance at any price to run cars against bikes. I am betting your track is not covered. Be careful.. And gimpsta. You did good for your first time. As simple as drag racing looks , its really kinda hard. Especially on sport bikes

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yea I know about when the time starts but, in real drag racing you need to be good at the light. As far as the 60 ft it helps with a good 1.6 to 1.7 to get your time down. Body position helps in first gear but if she hooks shes gonna stand up you just have to ride it out or let out of it. I can't count how many times I left the line on one wheel getting the 60 ft to a good number.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
ya we can race cars to bikes over here near I-10 in San Antonio. In fact the NHRA use the track for some kind of regional or annual tournament. So its a pretty good track. I don't destroy all the comptetion at the track (road track) when I'm there, but its funny how you can feel so at a home there, yet feel TOTALLY out of place on a drag strip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts