Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 2001-2003 GSXR600 wheels will fit the 04/05 600s? I am trying to buy a set of aftermarket wheels but I don't know if the 01-03 are interchangeable. I know that the rotors are a different size (320mm vs. 300mm). I have an 04 600. If i get the 01-03 600 wheels and put my 04 rotors on them will they work? I am getting a different answer from each shop I call. I am buying a set of BST from Motowheels and even they are not sure which rear wheel to sell me. They said they think the Busa rear wheel is the same for the 04 600 but nobody is sure. I do know that the 01-04 1000 front wheel will work and i do know that the 01-04 1000 rear wheel will NOT work. I hope someone that has bought wheels for the 04/05 600 could tell me. TIA

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Yes the wheels will fit!

·
Registered
297 Posts
haha, i swear, this type of post has come up so many times in the last couple weeks, i don't think that anybody search's for the answer, they just make a new thread. i'd answer the question again, but it already was answered.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
The one difference on the rear wheel is that the 04/05's have a little oil seal on the right side that the 01-03's do not have. So you have to go buy one of those ($9) and put it in (piece of cake). Other than that, it's a direct fit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha, i swear, this type of post has come up so many times in the last couple weeks, i don't think that anybody search's for the answer, they just make a new thread. i'd answer the question again, but it already was answered.
FYI I DID do a search first and did not find an answer. I know this has come up several times in the 1000 forum, but I have yet to see the same question in the 600 forum. If you can find a thread that has already addressed my question then I would love to see it. Not saying it isn't there, just saying I did not find it when I performed a search.

To the other 3 people who responded, thank you for your info, it was helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts