Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2004 gsxr 600. I rode to the gym a couple days ago and noticed when I turned the kill switch off my oil light was on and where the temp shows when running it read "check" I checked the oil the level seems fine. There is some white reside from condensation bc it's in the low 30s at night and 40s during the day. Smells fine like oil. When it's running and riding it it runs and revs perfect. No smoke. Can't see any major leaks. Was gonna change the oil this week when I have time. Scared to ride it don't wanna blow it up lol. But anyone have any ideas? When I start it even when it's on the kickstand the light turns off. the light and it reading check is only on when I turn the key. When I start it, it turns off. New to the Streetbike scene. Any have any ideas on what it is?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Your oil light is on when you stop the engine because there is no more oil pressure.

If your oil light was on with the motor running, that would be a problem.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Please download a copy of the factory service manual, and read it. Get familiar with your bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much guys. I have been trying to get ahold of one bc I didn't get one when I bought it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts