Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notice the radiator and other fairing isn't on, so when its light in the morning I'll get a better pic. Of coarse its sounds and feels the same but it looks 10times better. Also I weighed the full header system and bolt on can between the two system. Its a 7lb weight savings to the stock 1k headers. Its nice

With bolt on can the damage only came to $135.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Looks good Gimp!
I did not notice it much louder either. Well maybe a little more when its in the upper RPM's. But why did you take the radiator off?
Unless you was doing more to it? You could have just took the bolts off and left the hoses on and put a towel on your fender and set it on there, I found that way less work. Any areas contact on you plastics?

Again keep us posted on the final results!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh the front tire?? ya i pushed the bike through some crap on the way out. I think it was my sons dinner that he doesn't eat. He makes his way out side and spits it out.

But are you nuts? i couldn't get those bolts off w/o removing the radiator. Besides now i know how it goes on and off. I always like messing with a new thing.

No, i put everything on and took it for a ride. Nothing touches. I did use 2 normal size washers on the back side to space the pipe away, down below the rear brake lever. I also used the orginial stock bolt with it too. So its alll good.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Looks goog gimp
But where's the god damn fur??????
:

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its got a bolt on, and the midpipe, thats what different. plus its 7lbs lighter. And its got a pretty blue to it. Also i think the headers a little larger but not sure. i didn't do it for 1k power. (cause it isn't) mainly for looks and something to say I've done to the bike, that most people haven't

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The wall thickness is less, which makes them a little larger for flow, different bends and no more cross over pipe.

As much as u are racing now more wide open and higher RPM's I am waiting to see what you think!

Gimp you weighed the the Ti-headers with mid on / agaist you old full header and only 7lbs.? It seemed like more to me?
But I did not weigh them. But hell even 7lbs are good! And I promise. I just unbolted the rad at top 2 bolts and bottom one a lowered it down. Maybe the newer bikes like the "lucky ones have
" its a tighter work area? And now if you want a mid pipe down the road u can run 1000 slip on systems.

Oh and I got your email and will e ya back soon.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kewl, what much will a 1k slip on give though. if anything ( when i'm rich) i'll run a twin tip full system. until then

but aiight i'll see what rpm's i can get. but for all i know, i might have been able to take the radiator bolts out, but i just said screw it - and took the whole thing off. It made it real easy, and really wasn't much trouble. I just had to get fluid of coarse.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How does that valve on the 1K midpipe work on the other GSXR bikes? I know the 1K's have a separate cable/gearing system to work that valve, and it's a pain in the ass to get tuned right. Do it just stay open all the time when not a 1K, or do you have to get rid of the valve on the inside of the midpipe or how does that all work?

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its the butter fly valve.

and yes, when no cables are attached to it the valve, it just stays open

its no problem to just attach the headers.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
GIMP,I know u said u didn't do it for 1k power.But do u gain any hp being that those headers are larger and u get more flow going through them?Just curious

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
03-04 black silver gix 1k one of those years

power hmm nothing major - but it does sound and feel a different. i haven't rocked her hard yet. And i did have a gutted can before. So that could of made a difference. It actually does feel a little stout at the very top, but that could just be me.

i do get a woody everytime i see the blue mid pipe though

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got pics of my 04 600 with an 04 1K header...

My bike is in pieces right now (I'm getting it repainted)... anyone I can email the pics to so they can post them?

·
Registered
88 Posts
First, a picture of the Gix-6 header

Second, a picture of the Gix-1K header

Third, a picture of the Gix-6 and 1K header side by side

Last, a picture of the 1K midpipe mounted on my '04 600

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Does the 2004 1000 header and midpipe bolt directly on where the stock 2004 600 midpipe and header are?

Is there anything else required?

What is this talk of the butterfly valve?

Is the 2004 1000 titanium header all one piece like the 600 or does it bolt at the midpipe and the muffler (I assume they are different after having looked at the microfiche)?

Will a 04 600 Yosh bolt-on to the 04 1000 midpipe?

What is the 2004 600 pipe made out of (I assume Stainless Steel)?

Thanks,

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
what did you to modify to get the header to fit properly?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts