Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
03 gsx-r 600, Bought this bike about 2-3 months ago, ran fine. Could get up to 140 no problem, the last couple weeks. It's been slowly deteriorating.. throttle started to bog past 1/2 throttle.. if you slightly backed off the throttle it came back to life. .

Took it to a shop. They had it for a whole week, no followup calls no returned messages. Finally got it back and they said im 20psi below spec on all 4 cyl...

Took it home, ohmed out the tps and stv sensors. Stv was out. Adjusted those.. bike came back to life but still bogging past 1/2 throttle..

Got new tps sensors. It actually made it worse.

Sparkplugs are new
Testing coils, not getting primary ohm (should be .8-2.2ohm. But secondary is around 14-16k. Could my issue be coil or plug related? Or do I actually have low compression.. bike starts fine and idles great at 1.3k rpm. Has an frequent audible thumping coming from exhaust.
Any thoughts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Stv is really only for like parking lot riding. It's not that bad to disable them. On the open road you won't even notice them gone. A remap takes full advantage of them gone but it's totally rideable as is. You can just pull the plug and wire them open to see how it goes. Put it back if you don't like it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stv is really only for like parking lot riding. It's not that bad to disable them. On the open road you won't even notice them gone. A remap takes full advantage of them gone but it's totally rideable as is. You can just pull the plug and wire them open to see how it goes. Put it back if you don't like it.
Well I finally did my own compression test.. 100psi on the 2 middle cyl.. rings have left the chat, so question is. Replace rings if cylinder is good or rebuild rings and pistons and recheck top end??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts