Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. I recently crashed my fully customized 03 GSXR 750 and apparently while I was pretending to be superman the turn signal/side stand relay popped off. This part is nearly impossible to find. As far as I can tell you have to purchase a complete wiring harness just to get that part. I went to a suzuki dealer today and he ordered a turn/fuel pump relay p/n 38610-03F00 for $70 which he was almost positive is the right part even though its for a different year bike....I don't think it is the right part but we'll see in a few days.

My question is I have read it is possible to make this part yourself. Anyone know how I would go about doing that?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Most relay's are generic. Some have diode protection and are therefore more expensive (like $30 instead of $5). You can most certainly purchase a single relay.

So either your dealers part service is retarded or you're looking for something other than a relay. You sure you're not looking for a special switch or something?

Could you be a little more specific?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure it isn't a normal relay. It has 7 wires going into it and it apparently only powers the ECU if certain criteria are met such as the kickstand being up or whatever. It is located right next to the fuse box on the right ram air intake tube. I looked around online and found out its called a turn signal/side stand relay which makes it sound simple but its actually quite important I guess. The fuel pump won't kick on and the starter won't turn unless I have that darn lil box lol.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Oh, okay. I think I know what you're talking about. (The newer bikes uses multiple switches and relays for kick stand, tip, kill switch, etc. Did you try phoning another dealership? Maybe the dude who looked at the breakdown didn't look in the right place.

You could try to bypass the relay by shorting some of the connections and hoping it works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply but it turns out the parts guy was right. He pulled out the manual and its true that relay is shown as part of the fuse box and can't be bought separately however the part number I listed above is the correct part even though its for a newer bike. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most relay's are generic. Some have diode protection and are therefore more expensive (like $30 instead of $5). You can most certainly purchase a single relay.

So either your dealers part service is retarded or you're looking for something other than a relay. You sure you're not looking for a special switch or something?

Could you be a little more specific?
Look on Amazon I get them for like 10 bucks to Prix over here at the motorcycle shop wanted a hundred for used one I didn't even ask dealers they're f** rip offs. I've got through three of them for some reason my goddamn bikes can burning them up and I don't see see anything shorting out.. should even have my eBay for five bucks but they're probably shity

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Doubledogdown
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing