Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 1K with 2500 miles on it. I've not been able to ride it much the last couple of months but I did put about 70 miles on it a couple weeks ago. Anyway I decided I needed a break from packing (about to move) and decided I'd ride the Gixxer around the neighborhood a little. Immediately upon startup the FI indicator started flashing back & forth between it & the temp readout and the red indicator light was illuminated. Any ideas what could've caused this? The bikes not been abused (not including having to spend too much time on her stands in the garage) etc. I'm pretty mechanically inclined but not so much as to try and dig into the FI system. I also hate the idea of my dealer putting their hands on it either. Any ideas on what could've caused this? The only mod is a bolt on Yosh Can that's been on the bike for quite some time. I'm hoping it's something simple as a reset etc. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
U need to put your bike into dealer mode and find out what FI code its throwen. Pop your rear seat. U will will see 2 connectors on the left side (sitten) of the subframe. One should have just 2 wires going to it, with 4 empty spots. Jump them whith some wire or paperclip. Turn the bike on and u should see a code in the temp display. Let us know what u get, then we can tell u what to do to fix it. Hell, it could just be unplugged or poor connection.

D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts