Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I my quest for a track/race bike I have uncovered a few bikes that I wouldlike an opinion on. First is an '03 CBR600RR that is all stock that has a alvage title due to a lowside. Here is a description:

Everything is stock except for the tires - Michelin Pilot Powers
Damaged from a recent lowside however I have all new/used parts except for the following:

right and left clip-ons (complete parts) + bar-ends
shift lever by the shift link
Front upper fairing
Right mid-fairing
left peg (bottom scraped)

This bike with come with the following

New front fender
New headers
Used Swingarm
Used Tank fairing but in near mint condition
Used Rear Cowl but in near mint condition
Used Left mid fairing but in near mint condition

Asking $3400

Or I have found an 03 R6 with 4700 miles on it that is already track prepped for 5500 without the exhaust. I has apparently had some head work done, has CRG levers, 520 kit and is sprung for a 195lb rider I weight 185. Seems like a decent price for the bike. I did hear it run and it sounded fine so I am giving that some thought....

decisions.....descisions....

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
i would choose the R6 over the CBR as a track bike.. but the difference in price may make the CBR a better deal for you.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would choose the R6 over the CBR as a track bike.. but the difference in price may make the CBR a better deal for you.

Hey Jamie how have you been? I have been reading about how your bike got stolen sure sucks....did you get it all worked out with your insurance co yet? I am a little undecided on what bike to get....

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would allso go with the R6. As far as the price goes if you are going to do the CBR right you will pass the 5500 mark thats being asked for the R6.

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts

Hey Jamie how have you been? I have been reading about how your bike got stolen sure sucks....did you get it all worked out with your insurance co yet? I am a little undecided on what bike to get....
i've been pretty good. yeah, cocksuckers stole my 6 month old bike.
right in the middle of the day 10 minutes before i returned from lunch.. if our food arrived just a little sooner i would have come back just as they were doing it. i would have told my friend driving to "RAM THEM!!! RAM THEM!!!"

i'm still waiting for the 17 day period to end.. that's what the insurance company makes you wait to see if the bike is recovered. hopefully they reimburse me well for the bike and the extra things i added which i have invoices for.

you gonna be at Laguna in 2 weeks? if so.. no running off the road this time.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sadly I wont be attending Laguna this year. But next year I will probably splurge and Paddock Suite or something. It sucks I will miss it but sometimes it happens.

The CBR is entirely stock. Its the R6 that has been setup for a 195lb rider. It still has the stock forks so I would assume the it has been revavled and new internals? You may actullay know of the bike already. Check your PM's....

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I would go with the R6 . . . I did, and I'm one happy MF.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I just got a call back about the R6 and it looks like it could be mine if I chose too get it I will attach some pics after I get home. Anything specfic I should look at before buying?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if it is an 03 r6., the only ? would be if it had the coil recall done., if not it is easy to do either way., no other issues to look for
What goes wrong with the coil....

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Coil recall??? Nobody say nutting bout no stinking coil recall . . . .

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
GSXR theres a lot more parts out there, and not as expensive as the others.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
if it is an 03 r6., the only ? would be if it had the coil recall done., if not it is easy to do either way., no other issues to look for
i got mine done at daytona when i was there
bike was fine still with the old coils
best part was i got em from factory yamaha

was super cool talking to Jeff Marsh and a few others but it was Jeff that sorted my problem
briliant guy he is
he is hackings crew

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts

uggg damn old people., i told you before., geeezzz

the coil packs there is an issue with them a spiratic problem., there is a recall any dealer can do it.,

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

uggg damn old people., i told you before., geeezzz

the coil packs there is an issue with them a spiratic problem., there is a recall any dealer can do it.,
Can you get a dealer to do it on a non titled or slavaged titled race bike?

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: 03 CBR600RR Or 03 R6 Now With Pics!

Well here are a few pics of the R6 the CBR looks to be sold

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: 03 CBR600RR Or 03 R6 Now With Pics!

Also the guy said he would deliver it the 75 miles to me for free!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts