Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if any of this has been posted before, I did search but didn't find what I was looking for.

What I was wondering was about the SET valve removal and the pair mod, what exactly do they do and should I do it, I have searched and found sites that told me how to do it, but not exactly what they do for me.

My plans are as follows:
Full Hindle race exhaust
BMC filter (Is the race filter safe for the road?)
PC3USB
TRE (would any of mods require me to need the switchable one?)

Is there anything you would recommend or change on the list?

Thanks guys
-Kyle

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
yeah the set valve is for back pressure and you need back pressure.. I'm not sure if you would gain much with a full exhaust sys and remove the set valve.. if you just want it to sound good buy a bolt on can.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
scrap said:

yeah the set valve is for back pressure and you need back pressure.. I'm not sure if you would gain much with a full exhaust sys and remove the set valve.. if you just want it to sound good buy a bolt on can.
It's not for backpressure. Backpressure can only hurt, it never helps. It is there to reflect pressure waves back to the head and increase scavenging at low rpms. An unfortunate side effect is increased backpressure. That's why people remove it, even when fully open, it doesn't flow as well as an open pipe.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeh it does, When I asked for someone to help me with a sig. they sent me these pics since I did not have any. If it bother you I will change it, but anyways nice bike.

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
If you ride a lot in the winter I would suggest the Switchable as it may help having it switched off for cold day start up, but other than that nothing you can do to the bike will make you need the switchable. I have the switchable just because I am one who likes to tinker while I am riding flip off at a light ride a bit, and then back and see if I can see the difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
chrisOH
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing