Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been asked to death ..
but here is the situation...
I recently just purchased a beautiful telefonica off my friend one of the cleanest bikes I have ever seen ..except for the fact that he let a friens try to ride it that claimed he could ride..(lol we all know how this is going to end..lol) ..well the dude pulls out of the driveway and hit the brick mailbox...destroyed the upper of course the bike was laid over..long story short my friend goes and buys a new bike so I got a a hell of a deal on his telefonica...now the bike won't start ..it tries and tries to turn over..you can hear the fuel pump strong and healthy..everything comes on...i was told it was probably the tip over sensor...Does anyone know how to test the sensor, or if that is the problem is there a way to bypass it ?...
what do yall think ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, I aside from looking at it and making sure everything wwas still connected and seeing if the switch still engaged and disengaged when the kick stand went up and down..is there anything else I should be doing to make sure its not that ?

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
i'm leaning more towards tip over sensor, do u know if it fell off when u check it? Make sure u install it in the correct position if it did fall off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my and roommate and I just took the tip over sensor off and did the ZipTIE trick to ensure that the sensor does not touch either side of the sides..put it back ..bike still tries to turn over again and again ...it is in the correct position..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how do you do that ? ...I tried to pull the code a lil while ago and it was reading C00
I put in the paperclip and turned on the bike tried to start it, then stopped, but left the key turned on and it would just read C00

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
Well, looks like u already did it and if u got c00 your bike is not having any issues. Are u running a power commander or anything? If u do, u can try disconnecting it and see if it will start.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no power commander bro

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
:scratch....does your battery still have enough power to crank or have u cranked it out and drained the battery? I'd try jumping the bike with your car to see if the extra juice can get it to start.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol..shit !!..lol..I tried that already Pulled the car in the garage, it increases the speed at which she is trying to fire up but still won't crank over...

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
:banghead lol i'm out of suggestions....still thinking.....?:dunno:scratch The only thing I can suggest is check the service manual and look at the trouble shooting chart that is towards the back of the manual. Maybe it will help u out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey bro ..i appreciate ya hangin in there with me trying to figure something out..lol..
Thanks again...I will try the manual

·
Registered
328 Posts
what side did the bike go down on? maybe one side vs the other it can be different things?

perhaps a throttle or manual choke cable isnt working or is bound up. Can that tip over sensor break? maybe being zip tied in the right position didnt help cuz something broke?

do you try working the throttle?

just trying to give ideas

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you check to see if you have spark? You said you have fuel. Air is almost impossible not to get. Those 3 things are the simple things to check first.

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,130 Posts
idk what you zip tied w/ the tip over sensor... it should be ok, it "resets" itself. I dropped my bike a wile ago in traffic and it would not start, would not start....people were going around me. I found that after I pushed it into a parking lot and cycled the ignition off to on, then the bike started.

if it is in gear w/ the kickstand down it will not start...so if it is in neutral, the kickstand switch shouldnt matter too much.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ensure that the choke adjustment cable is working properly. Maybe it was knocked out of alignment when the bike went over and is not getting enough to start on a cold engine.

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,130 Posts
could he just hold the throttle open a little? the choke is not really a choke, its a fast idle speed lever.

fwiw: my bike starts w/o the choke, but then sputters and stalls a few seconds later.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear ya on maybe the tipover sensor being bad...but remember the bike is not throwing any codes whatsoever..(we took it out to check and see if maybe it was stuck int he wrong position,while we had it out we went ahead and did the lil mod to ensure the sensor does not activate) but if it was bad it would be throwing a code..

As far as spark i can pull the tank and really see..but the bike ran great No problems at all and hit a mailbox at about 5mph and was on its side for maybe 30 seconds... i mean if she is trying it to turn over again and again doesnt that mean its spraking ?

I did check the Choke/idle advancer its not bound up or anything still works fine

1 - 20 of 40 Posts