Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 02 GSXR 600 Telefonica. It has about 3,200 miles on it. I was wonderig what type of maintenence I should do on the bike before I go riding for the season? The owner told me just to change the oil, but is there any scheduled maintance that should be done at this time? Also where could i source an owners manual for the bike, the owenr did not have it anymore, but I want to got one so that I know what should be done and how to do it. Is there anyplace I can download one?
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is taken from the manufactures Periodic Maintenance Chart

You need to Inspect the following:

Air Cleaner
Spark Plugs
Fuel Line
Idle Speed
Throttle Cable Play
Clutch
Engine coolant
Brake
Brake Hoses
Brake Fluid
Tires

You need to replace the following:

Engine Oil
--The manual did not say to replace the Oil Filter until 11,000 Miles, as long as it was changed at the fist 600 mile service.—
But I do ever time I change the oil.

You need to Tighten all chassis bolts and nuts.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Get yourself a service manual...they are avilable online...

The most important thing is to make sure the oil is changed, the chain is adjusted, and lubed, the tires have the porper air pressure, that the radiator has enough water(distilled) plus antifreez(aluminium safe type) and that ALL of the fasteners are tight, i.e. like the fairing bolts, brake caliper bolts, axel nuts, steering head nut..It's a good idea to buy a tourqe wrench if ya don't already have one...cuzz all the fasteners need to be tourqed to spec.

Oh, when changing oil, always replace the filter at the same time, every 3 thousand miles is fine..

One other thing...keep your Brakes in top shape, always make sure the pads are good.

·
Registered
257 Posts
wow another telfonica...most beautiful bike ever.... but i think my "600" is probably just a lil faster :x..however im still trying to do maint. on the 02 750 oil,spark plugs probably nees a new tire. im such a girl about getting oily so i let my hubby do it...go figure

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome to GDC

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
ive done a thousand searches....but im a bike n00b....what are the prod. numbers on the telefonicas and differences....if any.....between it and a normal 600?
None, it is only the graphic being diffrent if i remember correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.