Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought an 02 750, it hadn't ran in two years because the guy thought the fuel pump was out. I changed the pump and it started right up and ran ok for a few weeks. On my way home from work while I was getting in it a little, it started acting funny, wanting to cut out and then the next day it would start but I'd have to feather the gas to keep it running when I was stopped at stop lights. It would cut out and try to die bad and sputter and spurt thru 1st and 2nd but when I finally got into 3rd with higher rms it would ride ok and stop sputtering. I put seafoam in it with good quality gas, and rode it home.i just got home after goin out of town and now it will start but if I give it gas it falls right in its face and dies. It won't run for long with out dieing. I changed the plugs, the stator and did an oil change on it hoping it was going to fix the issue. NO LUCK! please help, I just want to ride. Thanx

·
16,989 Posts
This is the TEST area, please post any bike questions in the correct bike specific section.

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,092 Posts
Also, can you get it to run properly at higher loads? For instance, you mention that it will run ok in 3rd and at higher engine speeds; does that mean that once you manage to get into the upper portion of the rpm band, that it will pull properly when given gas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
dpapavas
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing