Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought an 02 750, it hadn't ran in two years because the guy thought the fuel pump was out. I changed the pump and it started right up and ran ok for a few weeks. On my way home from work while I was getting in it a little, it started acting funny, wanting to cut out and then the next day it would start but I'd have to feather the gas to keep it running when I was stopped at stop lights. It would cut out and try to die bad and sputter and spurt thru 1st and 2nd but when I finally got into 3rd with higher rms it would ride ok and stop sputtering. I put seafoam in it with good quality gas, and rode it home.i just got home after goin out of town and now it will start but if I give it gas it falls right in its face and dies. It won't run for long with out dieing. I changed the plugs, the stator and did an oil change on it hoping it was going to fix the issue. NO LUCK! please help, I just want to ride. Thanx

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,170 Posts
Also, can you get it to run properly at higher loads? For instance, you mention that it will run ok in 3rd and at higher engine speeds; does that mean that once you manage to get into the upper portion of the rpm band, that it will pull properly when given gas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had a similar issue with my '02 GSXR750 track bike. I'm going to replace the fuel hose as it had been pinched and I suspect that was impeding flow. The hose is like a plastic straw with a protective rubber sheath but once the straw gets bent it won't completely go back into shape.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Have you checked the fuel pressure, and flow volume?
When the pump was changed, was the filter changed as well? (not just the pickup screen)
Might be worth checking your timing as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ultrasonically cleaned + back flushed the high pressure filter and lots of fine debris came out. There is some rust in the tank so I'm also doing an electrolysis clean with a sacrificial anode.

I think tsonksen has the right idea in checking the pump flow volume (1200ml after 30s) as that'll highlight any fuel delivery issue. See page 4-53 of the service manual for test instructions 😁

·
Registered
7 Posts
Connected the new fuel hose to the plastic connectors and held them in place with hose clamps. Started up the bike, warmed it up and then tried to go full throttle... and it worked! I didn't perform the fuel volume test but it's seems as though this has fixed the issue. I won't fully know until I go to the track next weekend though.

I took photos of the sediment that settled out of the fuel I used to back flush.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Argh, track day resulted in the problem still being there although not nearly as bad. Next I'll have to do the volume test ☹

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having every similar issues. I have to get the bike to 3-4k rpm to not kill it and it sputters and surges until about 6k rpm. I have checked everything I can think of. Fuel pressure & flow. But the stva doesnt respond to throttle input but doesnt throw the c28 code. Brand new ecu, had the injectors tested. New plugs, new air filter, checked tps and stps operation. It is a built motor with pretty decent cams but that shouldn't make that big of a difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts