Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 GSXR Telefonica Movistar bike and it seems like these bikes are getting harder and harder to find.Does anyone no how many of these bikes were made and what is so speical about these than you reg GSXR600??

I'm a new meber to this site.Hello Everyone

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
they are getting harder to find cause stunters killed off this generation of bikes. i can go months without seeing any. as far as production im not sure but it was alot. only thing special is the graphics otherwise its identical to other 600's.

·
Rusty Trumpeter
9,566 Posts
speaking of the telefonica bike, i have a matching jacket if anybody is interested pm me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I interested in the Jacket cuase i have a telefonica.
I was told these bikes are faster than stock and come stock race ready like the yoshi editions??

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
someone lied to you. and their are no yoshi editions as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LMAO are you serious there arent no yoshi editions...Well i was told there was.So there isnt nothing special about the Telefonica Ed.??
Does anyone have an excat # of how many Telefonica i was also told they only made 1,500??

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
im pretty sure their were many many more than 1500. but yes their is nothing special about the telefonica edition other than the added money for the graphics for the original buyer. either 300 or 1100 more, i cant remember. pm bigwake for telefonica numbers, im pretty sure he knows.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The Telefonicas and the Alstares had factory steering dampeners that only the 750 and 1000 bikes originally came with.

·
Blowjobs........ for the ULTRA low-low price of $3
1,995 Posts
I have a friend who has a cbr600rr telefonica moviestar bike, looks sick!!!

i think its a '06

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
The Telefonicas and the Alstares had factory steering dampeners that only the 750 and 1000 bikes originally came with.
i dont think thats true. all gsxr's from 01 had them oem. i think the srad 600's didnt though.

·
Registered
389 Posts
+1 My K2 600 has the steering dampener on it stock.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
when i got mine new, i was told 500 were made,of which 50 came to australia.

and the only difference is the paint/stickers

·
I move away from the mic
6,548 Posts
K2 GSXR 600 was $7999

K2 GSXR 600M was $8249

No performance difference at all.

The Alstare Edition was produced in 03.

The Anniversary Edition was produced in 05.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2002 GSXR Telefonica Movistar bike and it seems like these bikes are getting harder and harder to find.Does anyone no how many of these bikes were made and what is so speical about these than you reg GSXR600??

The way I understand it, they only made 8,000 GSXR-600 TELEFONICA MOVISTAR edition bikes in 2002, only 800 came to the United States. I live in Wisconsin and got one of the 2 that were shipped to "SPORTLAND II" (the premier sport bike shop in southeastern Wi.) The rareity of this bike will keep it's cost up over time.
These stats may be true they may not (it was told to me by a salesman) but I purchased mine because of it's looks not the availability...I no longer have mine and I sure do miss it, I've never gotten as many compliments. She sure was a head turner....

·
Registered
3 Posts
LMAO are you serious there arent no yoshi editions...Well i was told there was.So there isnt nothing special about the Telefonica Ed.??
Does anyone have an excat # of how many Telefonica i was also told they only made 1,500??
2002 GSXR600 TELEFONICA MOVISATR edition=8,000 manufactured/800 imported to USA

·
Registered
3 Posts

The way I understand it, they only made 8,000 GSXR-600 TELEFONICA MOVISTAR edition bikes in 2002, only 800 came to the United States. I live in Wisconsin and got one of the 2 that were shipped to "SPORTLAND II" (the premier sport bike shop in southeastern Wi.) The rareity of this bike will keep it's cost up over time.
These stats may be true they may not (it was told to me by a salesman) but I purchased mine because of it's looks not the availability...I no longer have mine and I sure do miss it, I've never gotten as many compliments. She sure was a head turner.... "movistar_mat"

·
Possibly infected with Ebola
3,216 Posts
Holy thread revival batman. Only 6 years old.

Way to have three posts in the same thread saying the same shit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Frame Slider Tester
1,873 Posts
Necromancer

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the 02' TELEFONICA, when I found it (warehouse find) in Houston it had 2,300 miles and was 100% unmolested. It now has only 3,200 miles on it, I haven't seen any with this low of miles. They are great looking bikes. Wonder what its worth? I've put aftermarket clutch/brake levers, frame sliders & led flush mount blinkers and thats it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts