Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think you mentioned that you changed the ignition switch? What bike did that one come off? I would replace the original one that belongs on this bike.

·
Registered
145 Posts
+12volts comes from Battery through R(red) wire to the ignition switch. This turns to O(orange) and supplies +12volts to ignition circuit. You should have +12v on the O(orange) wire with ignition switch ON.

So basically,
Battery > Ignition switch > Ignition Fuse 15A > Side stand Relay > Kill switch > Coils and ECU.
Just follown the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The second ignition switch came off my 2000 gsxr 750 track bike. The old ignition is frozen up. I have tried lubricating, but just will not turn. I guess i could drill it out

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ok I didnt feel comfortable drilling ignition out. So I simply removed oem switch, and swapped out the tumblers so my key would work it

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Update!!! I now have better power, but still isnt correct. Im only getting 9.9 volts to the ecu, and coils. I am going to try to track the power through the harness

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I get 12v at the battery, ignition switch, fuse box, but only getting 10.3 after that? I've tried 3 different ones and i get the same power through all 3??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Question when you say side stay relay. Do you mean the actual kickstand switch, or is there a relay somewhere for it in the harness

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
How can i check to make sure kick stand switch is working properly? Is it just a continuity test?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I get 12v at the battery, ignition switch, fuse box, but only getting 10.3 after that? I've tried 3 different ones and i get the same power through all 3??
Charge the Battery, sounds like it's a bit flat. I get about 10.9v at the coils/ecu, O/W wire. The lights draw a bit of power too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Ok will do and again thank you very much for all the suggestions and helping me find my way through this issue.

·
Registered
145 Posts
How can i check to make sure kick stand switch is working properly? Is it just a continuity test?
If you are getting good, constant(not pulsing) 10.9v at the coils/ecu O/W wire, then the Relay and Switch are working.

When testing the kick stand switch, the multimeter needs to be in diode mode,
because it has a diode.

A bit concerning is why the Neutral light is not coming On, but we'll worry about that later.
For the time being, put the bike on a rear stand and have the kick stand always in the UP position.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Ok I have the bike up on my pit stands. I will test kickstand switch and neutral switch. I found how in pdf manual. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Off topic, but I happened to grab the ecu and noticed it felt very hot on one side? Not like to hot to touch, but very very warm on the side where the main power goes in? Any thoughts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Kickstand switch tested good. I'm at a loss!!! I hate to just throw parts at it, but I dont know what else to do. I'm getting 10v throught the bike, but still nothing is working. No fuel pump power, no fuel rail flutter, and plugs are not firing when I turn engine over.

·
Registered
145 Posts
So you're getting constant 10.5V at the coils and ecu O/W wire? What does the dash say CHEC or Temperature? Bike is cranking?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Yes, im getting constant power at 10v at the coils and ec. The dash says chec! I have never seen it say anything else. Yes, the motor cranks over. It will not start though. Fuel pump doesn't prime, and spark plugs do not fire.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ECU receiving power and still saying Chec is not good.
We went through with the same scenario with @Clipper last year and his Ecu was the problem.
Don't think there is a way to test Ecu besides swapping out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Yeah there is no way to test the ecu other than just putting a working ecu in its place. I hate to just buy parts, but I'll look into ordering one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was hoping it would be an easy fix, but looks like no go.
I believe there was an ecu change from 2001 to 2002-03, where the STCU was incorporated into the ECU.
That's probably why you don't have an STCU.

Anyway, hope you get it sorted.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts