Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got an 02 gsxr 600 in a deal. When I sold my bike. Here is what is going on. Turn key on...No fuel pump prime, no butterfly shutter, no headlights, no neutral light, and bike will not fire. It will crank over though. I have an 99 gsxr 750 track bike. So I went through swapping out all the shutoffs. Like kill switch, kickstand switch, and tip sensor still nothing. I checked resistance on rectifier, and stator. Both are good? I even swapped out ignition switch. Is there anything I could be over looking? Please help, and thanks in advance

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I noticed I can not get it into dealer mode to check codes. Cluster just shows chec.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plugged in and working properly. I have to pull clutch to get bike to crank over

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Main is good, and I tried starting while I'm sitting on it. No change? Is there a way to test the ecu? I just dont know what else to check. Everything seems to be in working order.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So you have CHEC on the dash and the bike is still cranking? I don't believe it should be.

Do you have access to the wiring diagram?

If CHEC is showing on the dash and the bike is cranking, then maybe you have a bad connection somewhere after the kill switch.
Are you getting 12v to the coils?(ignition switch ON, kill switch ON, engine OFF).

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No power to the coils, the fuel pump, the headlights, but yes the bike cranks over fine. No I do not have a wiring diagram. I've looked for one all day

·
Registered
147 Posts
On the ignition coil(s) wiring harness, you will usually find a small terminal block with a black cap. This is where +12v is distributed to each coil.

If you remove the black cap, you can measure for +12volts dc, by placing the multimeter red probe on this terminal block and the black probe to -ve ground.(ignition switch ON, kill switch ON, engine OFF).

NB. Don't forget to replace the black cap because there is +12v there and you don't want it shorting out on the engine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No power at the coils at all. What does that mean?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dont know if it helps, but I got in touch with the previous owner. He said he was riding and the bike shut off. The stator was bad. So he replaced both and it has never started again??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With my multi meter, and the key and kill switch on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You should have 12volts at the terminal block I mentioned.

If you're measuring at a coil, put the red probe on the Grey(Gr) wire and the black probe onto a -ve ground(eg.engine block). With the Key On, Kill switch On, bike in Neutral and everything connected up, you should have 12volts.

The workshop manual also mentions that the O/W(orange/white) wire going into the ECU is the 12volt input. With the Key On, Kill switch On, bike in Neutral(or side-stand up),and everything connected up, you should have 12volts there.

You can also swap out the side-stand relay, but I don't think this will be the problem because you're bike is cranking.

No headlights. Check the fuses and the bulbs. Perhaps they have blown.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep no power at the coil. Now it will not turn over either?? All fuse are good just no power.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I found 2 orange and white wires going into the ecu. No power to either with key in the on position. Kickstand up and in neutral? I dont know what to check next

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just noticed i do not have a secondary throttle control unit on my bike. Does this matter?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts