Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone i was wonderin how you would compare a 02 gsxr 1000 with a trs yosh slip on, tre, pc3r with a custom map, and a k&n to a zx10r. by the way the gsxr is putting out 155 rwhp

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I too have an 02 1000. And a good friend of mine has the 10. On roll ons , the bikes run very very close to each other. I will say after working on and riding his bike several times, [his headshaked real bad. He finally put a good steering damper on] stay with the suzuki if your thinking about changing..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would say the ZX-10 is a faster bike but it takes a more experienced rider to pull the full potential out of that bike. So if you know what your doing on a 02 GSXR you can probably beat an average rider on a ZX-10.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I would first say your dyno is a bit "optimistic". Those first year GSXR1k's are worth a solid 145hp stock.....and a slip on and PC is not going to add 10 hp....maybe 2-3 top end hp with added smoothness to the hp curve.

This is a simple comparo in terms of bike vs bike, duh. The zx10 in terms of hp bone stock vs bone stock your bike has virtually 10 more hp and is a few lbs lighter, along with a more modern motor that revs faster and higher stronger. Hands down same rider on the bike in most every catagory the newer bike, zx would win. Now by how much...........that is the question??? Not very much. The the margin of win would be even less in real world conditions out ripping around were neither bike is likely being pushed 100 or even 90 %.

Put it in everyday man terms. Your bike is fast, but his is a little faster. Just like your GSXR is fast but the 03, 04 is a little faster (5hp), and just like the 05 is a little faster than that.

Does it mean he is going to beat you in roll on's and tests you guys do?? No, because once again much of the difference or advantage of his ZX10 is in that area that many people don't ever reach on the bike.......that last 10% of riding crazy fast. But if you both do a 50mph roll on in 3rd gear he is going to hit 125mph before you do!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts