Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i was wonderin if you could tell me how the new 750 compares to a 02 1000. any info is appreciated, Thanx

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
As far as what?

power wise, 01-02 1k Will smoke the sh*t out of the new 750's in a straight line. As far as handling, Id assume the new bikes would be better.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Straight line take the 1000, twisties or track its all rider... I seen guys on 600's smoke liter bikes in the twistes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks my dad owns a 02 gsxr 1000 and i own a 96 zx7r. i really love his bike and was wondering if i should move to a liter bike or to a gsxr 750 i am leaning towards the 1000 but not quite sure. also i would like to know what you guys think about the zx10r compared to the 02 gix in all aspects.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My 750 race bike is way, way more bike than I will ever be rider. Sure the liter bikes get down the longer straights like Road Americs faster, but riding fast is at least 90% rider. When it comes to racing the liter bikes almost everyone rides a GSXR1000 or R1 but that is because of support and contingency $, Some guys do very well on the Honda CBR1000RR and the ZX10. For the street, all of these liter bikes are just plain unadulterated rocket ships, Read the refcent issue of Sport Rider. They do a pretty good comparo.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I would personally say buy the new 750. I have been riding the GSXR750 since 94, and love them. The 1k does have the torque and straight pull like others say, but the 750 aint no slouch.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've owned a zx7r (2000), and when I got the gsxr750 it was a world of difference in terms of both handling and power. There is no comparison between a zx7r and a gsxr750. You will be shocked at the difference. With either bike, 750 or 1000, you will have your eyes opened up after owning a zx7r, and that comes from someone who is partial to them.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yep ZX7.........big old thug compared to any model GSXR750 from 96 or newer.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you can't ride and you have big chicken and you think having a thousand makes you cool, then go ahead and buy the biggest bike possible, but you have know idea how fast you can go on a 600

just cause there is a bigger number on the tail section doesn't mean you can ride that bike faster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts