Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help , my 02 gsxr 1000 cant start after piston and ring change...after i diagnose some trouble, the main problem is my 3rd coil is the only had spark. but when i loose the other coil and crank with 1 coil and fuse all of these coil had spark. i had checked crankshaft and camshaf sensor all in good condition with the resistant and the voltage when cranked. please need some advice.

ps : sry for my bad english

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,966 Posts
Don't know about K2 but in later years the 12V supply to the coils went through a distribution block that split into the four leads that went to the coils. The block looked like half of a connector with a black cap. It sat on top of the valve cover with the other wiring and has five leads, an O/W supply and four Gr leads to the coils. Possibly you also have one and it was damaged during the rebuild. Measure the voltage at the coil connectors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know about K2 but in later years the 12V supply to the coils went through a distribution block that split into the four leads that went to the coils. The block looked like half of a connector with a black cap. It sat on top of the valve cover with the other wiring and has five leads, an O/W supply and four Gr leads to the coils. Possibly you also have one and it was damaged during the rebuild. Measure the voltage at the coil connectors.
Thanks i'll try to look over it first...

·
7,966 Posts
Here's a pic from the K5/K6 service manual showing the block. The coils and cam sensor have been disconnected and moved a bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually its difrent from mine...i cant post image yet

So i have exactly reroute all socket which connected to the ecm using multimeter, like ckm sensor, ckp sensor, dp sensor, at sensor, excva, excvt, fuel relay and the ignition socket. All clear no eror like on the wiring diagram, all ground is safe. Im still hoping my bike will run again :crying:

·
7,966 Posts
The K2 wiring diagram shows Gr to each of the coils but they come from an O/W at the engine stop/kill switch. So there must be a distribution block somewhere. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was in a different location than K5/K6. Don't follow what you're saying above but there should be 12 V at both sides of all coils whenever the ignition and kill switches are on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can you show me on wiring diagram that you called distribution block.

·
7,966 Posts
Here's from the K2 E19 diagram:

The red marked leads are O/W while the magenta marked lines are Gr. There has to be some sort of junction for the color change and Suzuki has used a distribution block for that purpose on other years.

But if you're asking if its details are specifically shown on the wiring diagram, the answer is no. The details of the various wiring junctions throughout the harness are only shown in very simplified form on the diagram. I think that the diagrams in the service manuals are more properly referred to as schematic diagrams. True wiring diagrams show the actual point to point wire routing and are not provided.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
so the exact position of the distribution block is right on four dot beneath the ignition coil diagram. but i think it must be showing something there like resistor image or kind of. oh and one thing does the GR wiring on the first ignition diagram connect to the B/y on the fuel relay ? coz when i checked its connected. only the first one.

btw thank you very much sir. i will go check and do something bout that.

·
7,966 Posts
You can see on the diagram that the O/W on the right also runs downward. It runs to the fuel pump relay coil. The other side of the coil is a Y/B that runs to the ECM. The Y/B will float high unless the ECM causes the Y/B to go low. That activates the relay which, in turn, causes power be supplied to the pump.

The distribution block is just a female connector with a multi-pole jumper that plugs into it. You can see the jumper if you remove the black cap.

P.S. A nice pic of distribution blocks used on K3/K4 for the R sensors power and B/Br sensors ground has been posted here. Very common for Suzuki.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the wire looks good, i had to check my Tip over sensor or angle bank sensor . and its not the original i presume, it only had two wires black and red one. mr billy have you ever know to bypass that sensor?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts