Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have a 02 GSX-R 750 with a full graves exahust,pc 3 R and a tre. Today I tried out all of the maps that came with the program there are 4 out of the 20 or so maps that say for race use only and they all say to use nutec or nutec 4 nutec 5 or nutec specail (depending on teh map. 2 of them have the stock cams degreed at diffrent numbers. 1 of them has the cams deg and the timing changes in the map ( the only one out of all the maps that have this) I tried the map with the timing changes with and with out the changes. My ? is will any of these maps hurt my bike in any way? they seemed to make the bike run better. Pros cons? I don't want to blow up my bike. Thanks

·
Registered
941 Posts
loading maps that are not specific to your bike is kinda like walking into a mine field....I would say that normally a map the is made for a bike that has much of the same mods would be safe for you to load into your bike, but loading maps that are designed for a race application and then throw in Cam's and ignition advance's and your just asking for trouble. If you have spent all the money on all these mods, then drop another 250.00 for a custom map specific for your bike. That way your A/f is spot on and your bike will run better AND get better gas milage....I have 2 GSXR 1k's and both have been custom mapped. Worth every cent I spent on them....You won't regret it..

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is just that the bike ran pretty good with that map, now if I don't load the ING part of the map just the fuel, the only thing that could happen even thought it talks about cams is that it could run rich or lean right?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have the usb version either but it says that or program is not compatiable with mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts