Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a little search on this and found alot of people are just turning off the bike and restarting it. Once in a while when I start it, it pulls up the FI light and the red "oil" light comes on and stays on with it. I too shut the bike off and restarted and it is fine. Is this a common problem that doesnt require any attention or is there something else that should be checked? I've read this alot so I assume it happens a lot.
Thanks for your input

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I take that back, it's the FI signal.......alternating with the temp and the red "indicator" light on. The owners manual says to take it in (of course it does). I suppose I need to jump the harness and see what code it brings up eh?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I had the same problem, did a search here and found out that the set-valve was in need of adjustment. Do a search on here about adjusting the set-valve. Also there's a link to another site where you can download the service manual for your bike. I found the manual by doing a google search (01 GSXR 1000 service manual) and 01/ 02 are the same.

Another alternate fix for the set valve problem is to buy a slip-on that eliminates the set valve (325-450$). You remove the valve assembly and a wire from the ecu and the FI light won't come on for this error again and you will increase the sound and performance of your bike.

·
Registered
209 Posts
GSXR600NUB said:
I had the same problem, did a search here and found out that the set-valve was in need of adjustment. Do a search on here about adjusting the set-valve. Also there's a link to another site where you can download the service manual for your bike. I found the manual by doing a google search (01 GSXR 1000 service manual) and 01/ 02 are the same.

Another alternate fix for the set valve problem is to buy a slip-on that eliminates the set valve (325-450$). You remove the valve assembly and a wire from the ecu and the FI light won't come on for this error again and you will increase the sound and performance of your bike.
a) There's twenty or so different codes that the bike may be throwing - don't assume it is C46 (the SET valve). Read the code and find out.

b) If it is the SET valve, there's no need to buy an aftermarket exhaust to disable it, the procedure works just fine on the stock exhaust.

KeS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.