Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I've been researchin for forever and can't figure this out. While riding or sitting still any gear if I come from a high rev or slow down to quick with and also without clutch pulled my bike stutters and dies can immediately start bike up and also on acceleration is a bit twitchy the first second. I removed the tps yesterday and drove around the block and all problems were fixed it seemed like. Would I need a new tps or is there another way around this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Download a free manual for your bike and check there the exact voltage the TPS is supposed to have...You can also try to clean the sensor with some WD-40. Did it throw a FI fault on your dash when you rode the bike without the TPS?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Download a free manual for your bike and check there the exact voltage the TPS is supposed to have...You can also try to clean the sensor with some WD-40. Did it throw a FI fault on your dash when you rode the bike without the TPS?
not sure if I read it here.... or under a different thread... but I was having stauling issue after a fast rev... it would rev down and staul . and or coming to a light in gear sometimes and pull clutch in it would staul!!!

I have had the tps sensor out before put a little grease inside it and put it back on and used the dealer mode and got the line in the middle of the c00 display or what ever it says.... it made such a difference it was nuts!! bike started to wheelie .. I lowered the bike to stop that ... once I did this fix I know it was making way more power .. the rear tire wanted to break loose sometimes and loved to lift the front tire when on some hard pulls!!

anyways stauling was still not fixed ... this year tried the bike out a few times and the stauling almost felt worse

so I did what I read here and I know on another post.... about checking the tps sensor for it to spring back... man I coulnt even turn it either way very much without giving it some muscle... hhhmmm I think I found the culperate . so I did the 24-30 hours soaking in wd40..... wow it actually worked and worked mint , I took out the secondary tps to check it , it was springing back perfectly!! so I bolted it back in the spot it was from factory ( I even scored it with a knife to make sure)

so I put the main tps sensor back in today , did dealer mode adjusted it in the middle ... started wow doesn't staul and I can rev the shit out of it and it revs back quickly!! volia got that adjusted! so I used my manual I have and read about the secondary , u unplug it and used a voltmeter on ohm and unplug sensor from bike , use the yellow to + ON THE METER and use black to the negative on the meter . should read .5 k ohms.... it was at .9 so I adjusted it , and is supposed to show 3.9 when fully open/// was at 4.7 before

you just move the secondary servo controlled butterflies to move that secondary tps sensor!!!

wow it revs mint and I bet the computer never got such accurate readings as it is getting now ... didn't go for a ride yet but man the way its running is mint!!

take it for a haul tomorrow after work and will report back!!!

but 1000% the wd40 trick works!!!

·
Les lions Indomptables !
681 Posts
Good to know, but remember that you will have to soak it again in about 3-4 months. Enough time for you to buy a replacement.

·
Registered
61 Posts
OK so i put my bike into dealer mode and this is what it says ¯C00, my tps is high. Bike is running rich and stutters between 4000 and 5000RPM. If is adjust the TPS would it help the running rich problem? I put it into dealer mode after i warmed up the bike. 65 degrees Celcius.

·
Registered
24 Posts
New to this bike but had your exact problem. Yes, adjust TPS to get -C00 or the fueling will be out. Mine now runs mint after WD40/dealer mode TPS adjustment. Was quite sensitive too so make sure it still reads centrally after tightening up the TPS.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So i adjusted the TPS to -C00 it doesnt stutter in low rpms anymore :) and is running less rich! I should get n PC5 as i have a aftermarket exhaust. Just one more question regarding TPS though, is it normal for error code C14 to come up while adjusting the TPS?

·
Registered
4 Posts
not sure if I read it here.... or under a different thread... but I was having stauling issue after a fast rev... it would rev down and staul . and or coming to a light in gear sometimes and pull clutch in it would staul!!!

I have had the tps sensor out before put a little grease inside it and put it back on and used the dealer mode and got the line in the middle of the c00 display or what ever it says.... it made such a difference it was nuts!! bike started to wheelie .. I lowered the bike to stop that ... once I did this fix I know it was making way more power .. the rear tire wanted to break loose sometimes and loved to lift the front tire when on some hard pulls!!

anyways stauling was still not fixed ... this year tried the bike out a few times and the stauling almost felt worse

so I did what I read here and I know on another post.... about checking the tps sensor for it to spring back... man I coulnt even turn it either way very much without giving it some muscle... hhhmmm I think I found the culperate . so I did the 24-30 hours soaking in wd40..... wow it actually worked and worked mint , I took out the secondary tps to check it , it was springing back perfectly!! so I bolted it back in the spot it was from factory ( I even scored it with a knife to make sure)

so I put the main tps sensor back in today , did dealer mode adjusted it in the middle ... started wow doesn't staul and I can rev the shit out of it and it revs back quickly!! volia got that adjusted! so I used my manual I have and read about the secondary , u unplug it and used a voltmeter on ohm and unplug sensor from bike , use the yellow to + ON THE METER and use black to the negative on the meter . should read .5 k ohms.... it was at .9 so I adjusted it , and is supposed to show 3.9 when fully open/// was at 4.7 before

you just move the secondary servo controlled butterflies to move that secondary tps sensor!!!

wow it revs mint and I bet the computer never got such accurate readings as it is getting now ... didn't go for a ride yet but man the way its running is mint!!

take it for a haul tomorrow after work and will report back!!!

but 1000% the wd40 trick works!!!
What is this WD40 the sensor suggestion and also the grease statement in the above thread? Are you saying to put grease on the end of the throttle rectangle arm coming out of the throttle body into the sensor? Where are ya'll saying to WD40 the sensor....spray inside the area where the throttle arm goes, soak the entire sensor in WD40, or what? I've been having the same issue with bogging down when I roll hard on the throttle. One time I check the sensor and all measurements checked out. Took the TPS off for a second, put it back on, measured the resistance and suddenly the resistance swapped - instead of Yellow to black being 5K, I'm getting 5K on the green to black. This is measuring the sensor totalling off the bike also and installed. I think the TPS is sticking somehow; hence wanted to understand the WD40 thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts