Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TODAY I NOTICED A POPPING NOISE COMING FROM THE BACK IT SEEMS IT MIGHT BE COMING FROM THE TRANS AREA MAYBE NOT. BUT THE NOISE IS WHEN I AM ANY GEAR WHILE I RIDE AND WHEN COMING TO A STOP. SOUNDS LIKE A KNOCKING NOISE. RUNS FINE AND TRANS SHIFTS FINE. SEEMS TO GET LOUDER WHEN THE LOAD OF THE ENGINE IS COMING DOWN. THE NOISE IS NOT THERE AT IDLE OR WHILE IN NEUTRAL AND REVING UP.
DID NOT KNOW IF THERE IS A KNOWN PRONBLEM FOR 01 600 FOR THIS PROBLEM OR NOT.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Could it be the exhaust popping?
If so it's a fueling issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a yosh pipe put it was there when i bought it around 2 years ago. it sounds like it is the trans, not a poping noise coming from the exhaust. like i said before it sounds like gear has broken off and is bouncing around in the case. did not know if anyone had seen or heard of this problem before. it is stock besides the pipe. with 13000 miles on the bike

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is a long shot but a friend of mine had a weird sound coming from the left side of his bike near the center. Turned out he needed chain and sprockets he got a weird popping/snapping kinda noise underload even worse up hills or turning. Not alot of help still really new to bikes never had one apart or had many problems with mine yet *knocks on wood* Oh yea first post. ;-) Been in the shadows on this site for a little while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts