Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, ill throw a question in. Im doing some drag racing with my K2 1000. Will the sprocket carrier from a K8 fit? Just so i dont have to change sprockets, i can just change out the carrier, much easier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys,
Sorry for taking the thread from the dust, but I need an advice.
I have a 03 GSXR 600 for the track, and I'm about to go with a 520 lightweight chain.
Can I go with lightweight k8-k9 600 rear wheel? Is it worth it?
Does anybody know what is the difference in the weight between these two wheels?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Ok, ill throw a question in. Im doing some drag racing with my K2 1000. Will the sprocket carrier from a K8 fit? Just so i dont have to change sprockets, i can just change out the carrier, much easier.
Yes.

Hi Guys,
Sorry for taking the thread from the dust, but I need an advice.
I have a 03 GSXR 600 for the track, and I'm about to go with a 520 lightweight chain.
Can I go with lightweight k8-k9 600 rear wheel? Is it worth it?
Does anybody know what is the difference in the weight between these two wheels?

Thank you.
It's not a direct swap and I don't know what you would have to do to make it fit. You could use K5-K8 1000 wheel with a 1K spacer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay, I found very cheap a gsxr k6/k7 600 rear wheel with rotor, axle and spacer.
Will it fit on my k3 600? I wante to convert in a 520 chain with lightweight sprocket, and lightened wheel...

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have been searching for some of this info for almost a month! I’ve had no luck till now you answered all my questions and then some. Thank you so much, I can now begin to shop for chrome wheels for my 06 1000! Thank you tiger blade for reference this forum to me In One i created searching for info!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I’ve tried to read this entire thing to avoid having to ask questions but I still have a question lol. And most of the info for busa stops at 07 I think from wat I read busa have 6 bolt rotors on wheels and most other gsxr have 5 and the wheels are not compatible. I got a k6 1000 I found some nice 08 busa wheels what do I have to do to the wheels or the bike to make the 08 busa wheels fit my 06 1000

141 - 147 of 147 Posts
About this Discussion
146 Replies
69 Participants
PaulPhilly
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing