Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
i have no spacers on my original 01 at all.i never got any with the 04 forks also.i geu i would need the 2 spacers off an 04 but when i checked ron ayers microfiche it didnt show any either.just showed one for an 05.none for an 01 either.i can see how i can use one on the left side against the nut but cannt seem to find a part #.that would push the wheel over and hopefully flush the axle.thanks for any help at all.greatly appreciated
You dont need anything axle related from the 01 or from an 05+. I looked at the microfiche and it doesnt show spacers but I talked to a guy a while back about the difference between the 04 and 05 axles. He has an 04 and he said his had 2 spacers compared to mine only having 1. Idk what to tell you :dunno You could PM someone that has an 04 and ask if their axle sits flush. Sorry I couldnt help more

·
Registered
11 Posts
no problem.the write up helped tons from the beginning.im going to throw the 01 forks on and measure up the spaces and stuff then compare to the 04 forks.thanks again

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
no problem.the write up helped tons from the beginning.im going to throw the 01 forks on and measure up the spaces and stuff then compare to the 04 forks.thanks again
No problem. I can tell you this for sure, the fork spacing on the 01 is the same as the 04. So with the 01 triple clamps you only need the 04 forks, axle, and calipers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 01 wheel, with 04 forks. Your info has been helpful.

Is there a source for the 10mm spacer so that I can use the 01 rotors, or is it something that I will need to have made for me?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I have an 01 wheel, with 04 forks. Your info has been helpful.

Is there a source for the 10mm spacer so that I can use the 01 rotors, or is it something that I will need to have made for me?

Thanks again.
Since you have 04 forks, you dont need anything special. Go to your local machine shop and see if they can help you. It just needs to be 10mm long, flat on the top and bottom, with a hole in the middle lol

If you cant find someone local, check out this guy. I'm sure he can set you up with what you need.

http://twfracing.com/images/zparts/R6 caliper spacers 003 bg.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had them made, freebie.

If anyone wants to know:

.393 inches thick
.900 inches Outside Diameter
.400 inches Inside Diameter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an 08 gsxr750 and I want to put the front wheel from a 2007 gsxr100

just the front wheel, also can i swap the front rim assembly with rotors or I will have to swap the rotors?

Thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I have an 08 gsxr750 and I want to put the front wheel from a 2007 gsxr100

just the front wheel, also can i swap the front rim assembly with rotors or I will have to swap the rotors?

Thanks
The wheel and rotors are a direct swap. They might as well be the same part numbers lol Just use your axle and spacer and your rotors, or the 1000 rotors, either will work.

·
Registered
121 Posts
awesome post! im about to put some 07 gsxr 1000 wheels on my 04 1000. im using the 07 rotors and my 04 calipers. so all im going to need is a 5mm caliper spacer? thanks for the info!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
awesome post! im about to put some 07 gsxr 1000 wheels on my 04 1000. im using the 07 rotors and my 04 calipers. so all im going to need is a 5mm caliper spacer? thanks for the info!
Yes, all you would need is a 5mm spacer or 05-08 1000/06-09 600/750 calipers. I have a set of calipers from my 06 750 if you're interested in those. PM me if you want them

·
Registered
121 Posts
thanks. i want to keep my stock gold calipers because they match my forks and i have alot of gold anodized parts. thanks again for the post. very informative. cant wait to get the wheels on my bike!

·
Registered
121 Posts
thanks. i had some made. a guy on ebay made me a set for $10 including shipping. he had them made and at my door in 4 or 4 days. cheap and fast. here is his email if anyone else needs any type of aluminum spacers. [email protected].

·
Registered
121 Posts
im still waiting for my wheels. damn powder coat was back ordered. i should have them back by the end of the week. ill post some pics when i get them on.

41 - 60 of 147 Posts
About this Discussion
146 Replies
69 Participants
PaulPhilly
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing