Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello can anyone help me I have just bought my first bike a 2000 750 see pic. I want to tidy up the back end there are a few scuffs on the red/blue decals and the black rear fairing I wanted to add a rear seat cowl. In the photos I've seen the original appears to be black and white but I can't seem to find one. While looking for replacement decals it appears there may be a white decal that goes over the black cowl can anyone confirm this? And so I just get a black cowl and add the decal? I've added pic of decals i'm thinking it's the white strip above the 750.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes. it is a black painted cover with the white vinyls as you correctly identify.

Personally, I would buy whatever colour cover you can, spray it black, then buy some all weather white vinyl sheet and cut the white panels yourself. Easy and cheap!.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
321 Posts
Awesome thanks @Clipper that explains why I couldn't find one then. I'm still undecided at the moment on painting the back end as theres a few scuffs on the black I'm tempted to get that painted and get the full decals and re do the red blu/white vinyl too. Was looking at this cowl Rear Seat Fairing Cover Cowl For GSXR600 GSXR750 K1 2001-2003 GSXR1000 K2 2000-2002 (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike any thoughts over these v oem worth making the saving?
As sradmad said you cant beat original but for that price I would give it a go it's only a seat cowl it will probably look ok I wouldn't put a pattern panel on but a seat cowl for £25 I would give it ago but if cost isnt an issue I would go genuine?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine got scuffed in a spill on a track day, so I had it repainted more like the Kenny Roberts Jr. scheme that it was based on on the first place. A few extra stickers and presto: full on KRJR rep!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've had work done by dream machine in the past there work is good and they make they're own decals so they can do it original or to your spec I dont know prices tho but at a guess prob around £200

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've had 2 bikes fully resprayed by them a vfr 400 and a gsxr 1000 k5 both of which I no longer have ☹

·
Registered
142 Posts
@Clipper very nice may I ask where you got the replacement stickers? Also what pipe you got on there.
The sponsorship decals were all sourced from Ebay over a period of time. The seat cowl respray was done here in Spain, they only did the white bit, saving the original red and blue decals because they weren't damaged. I think it cost me 90€.

The end can was bought in the UK and was from "Carbon Can Company", with a K&N filter and a Yoshi remap on the fuelling it filled the gap in the mid-range nicely and added a couple of top end BHPs.

Sadly I had to sell that bike when I moved to Asia for a few years. I've got a K5 Anniversary now though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts