Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
00-03 GSXR750 rear shock eye/eye lenght. Also FOX ??\'s

Hey guys. Can anyone tell me the prefered eye to eye for the shock on this model. Im thinking 335 for some reason but can't recall for sure. I have been racing with the OEM shock and 6mm of shim.

Also i won a what looks to be very good condition FOX shock off ebay for my bike. Paid $390 with shipping to my door.

Granted its not top of the line shock, but must be nicer than my OEM. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
Re: 00-03 GSXR750 rear shock eye/eye lenght. Also FOX ??\'s

336 tp 342.

i ran a fox on my 750 its fine.

i think you will need an 8 mil or so spacer to get the lrngth on a fax to have enough threads left in the shoch

·
Registered
4,040 Posts

stock is 330 eye to eye

my rear is set at 344 , but 338 is almost the limit without extended forks

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Awesome guys, thanks.

Should i be able to get 338 out of it or would I only get 336 and have to use a 2mm shim also.

What are you guys running?

Currently i have my forks 8mm up in the triple and the shock 6mm shim.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

by "built" are you refering to extended forks?

I to plan to spring them and valve them. Still looking into the extending as to if I "need" to do it or not.

But what i meant is with those rear numbers, does that affect your front numbers (amount of fork tube sticking up)

For instance if i run 338 on the rear am i only going to want 4-6mm fork showing, is is 8-10 still okay......or will i have a twitchy beast.

I really want to make this bike to start turning better. The +6r/10mmf set up i have going has helped, but it still doesn't "flick" like i would like. Im not knowing if adding only a few mm's or rear ride will help or if i should reduce or add mm's showing up front when i do that. I wan't flicking but not too twitchy.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts

yes, the rear height is dependant on the front height. and yes, i mean extended when i say built since all the main suspension guys extend them. im trying to remember what the gravy spot is on the 750's. i know on the 600's we would run about 5mm of tube showing (from 5-10 for some people) and they were extended by 6mm's. then the same for the shock as the 750. id say with stock length id start with no more than 5mm of tube showing and start with 338 eye to eye. if it turns in nice, holds a line, and doesnt get too much wheel spin, or run you wide on your exits then your good.
if its a turn in problem then adjust the front, if its an exit problem adjust the rear.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

What about with extended?

That 6mm of extention......am i going to have to adjust things because of that?

What do those extentions really do??? Do they add travel? or just raise it?

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts

they add travel, and extend them.. the 600's were extended 6mm's the 750 and 1k get 10mm.. so if you get that done you have to compensate for that in your set up.. with your stock forks try 5mm of fork tube showing above the triples, and your shock around 338. see how you like that. if its too radical, or too lazy make adjustments accordingly.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Good deal thanks man.
I plan to rebuilt these myself. Done it to my last bikes and had no problems at all. Just never extended anything.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts

I have my stock rear raised 6.5 mm and the front forks are showing 7mm of silver (Measure under the cap) at the top triple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts