Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
I killed Biggie and Tupac
6,053 Posts
:biggrin I have drug my elbow before....... and my hip,my helmet, and frame slider :lmao

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
+1 :banghead

Actually i guess i should say + about 5 :lol

·
I killed Biggie and Tupac
6,053 Posts
Well in that case... +5 more for me too :(

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
+1 for me, and its listed in TJ's "why we crash" thread under "cold tires":shifty

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok i have come to my conclusion, your dumb... Try sitting on the seat instead of standing up or leaning all your weight forward, and not feathering the front brake when you feed the clutch out.... that should stop you from "accidentally" doing rolling burnouts. Noone "accidentally" leaves a 50ft black mark... Do us a favor and give it a try at the drag strip, do a rolling burnout on the strip, loop that thing, so i can buy whats left and turn it into a track bike.
lol his an idiot

·
Registered
241 Posts
Here is my girl doing the top speed 3-years ago with stock settings going to almost 16k rpm

And this is her without the exhaust valve going for the acceleration after 90k kms

·
Registered
518 Posts
For all the arguing in this thread, there is a simple way to disprove or prove this.
All the gear ratio's are listed for these bikes. you can mathematically work out the speed based on RPM gear ratio, final drive ratio and wheel diameter. Since speedo's can be off, and blah blah blah, work it out.

If your gearing will allow the bike to travel 187MPH at 14,500rpm based on ratios, diameter etc. then if you can actually pull 14,500rpm, then that is the speed you are going. If you cant then your engine doesnt have enough HP to get it there.

CBR 929 is bad for this, too much wind resistance, even though it was putting down 133 at the wheel, couldnt push that bulbus fairing through the wind.

I have seen a 2001 GSXR 750 bone stock but with race fairings run a 10.4 in the quarter. (launched at 10k)
I have seen an 05 gixxer 750 indicate 299kms/h at redline with stock gearing, which mathematically works out to 187MPH. Go to the gearing commander website!!

So in summation, if your tach is showing you redline on a 600 in 6th gear, you probably have non stock gearing, on a 750 or 1000 your prolly doing 187MPH

This is all provided you dont weigh more then 190lbs

·
Registered
241 Posts
For all the arguing in this thread, there is a simple way to disprove or prove this.
All the gear ratio's are listed for these bikes. you can mathematically work out the speed based on RPM gear ratio, final drive ratio and wheel diameter. Since speedo's can be off, and blah blah blah, work it out.

If your gearing will allow the bike to travel 187MPH at 14,500rpm based on ratios, diameter etc. then if you can actually pull 14,500rpm, then that is the speed you are going. If you cant then your engine doesnt have enough HP to get it there.

CBR 929 is bad for this, too much wind resistance, even though it was putting down 133 at the wheel, couldnt push that bulbus fairing through the wind.

I have seen a 2001 GSXR 750 bone stock but with race fairings run a 10.4 in the quarter. (launched at 10k)
I have seen an 05 gixxer 750 indicate 299kms/h at redline with stock gearing, which mathematically works out to 187MPH. Go to the gearing commander website!!

So in summation, if your tach is showing you redline on a 600 in 6th gear, you probably have non stock gearing, on a 750 or 1000 your prolly doing 187MPH

This is all provided you dont weigh more then 190lbs
Ok! I agree if that's the fact. By the way if your bike is new, you can hit the redline at 6th gear all that you need is the long flat road as how i have attained that. Speedo Tach mostly said that inaccurate but doesn't matter as it was the indicated. By the way, I am weighing 155lbs, Stock gearing: 43/16, Tyres: Batlax BT014, Exhaust: Stock, Air filter: Stock, Petrol: 98 Octane, Location: Somewhere in the desert of UAE

Let's try to compare how the RPM goes with the bike in this video link below, probably same bike as mine, no matter how good he is in gear shifting compared to how badly I did (everybody said that in their comments) but finally at 6th gear the rpm can't just hit the redline easily and he did only around 168mph (268kph) @ around 14,500rpm i guessed. Now, look at my video when it hits the same RPM it goes similar. So I can say, Length of road, time & patience you can get the full power of the 600 at redline. We don't have to urgue on that. If anyone disagree, try it by yourself, find a long road or go to salt lake.
Here in the UAE, lots of sand man-made lakes. LOL..CHEERS GUYS. Just enjoy riding our bikes.

Also here is the link on stationary Dyno run

Speed, RPM goes all similar and this bike has no wind resistance and load applied to it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen an indicated 181 on my k7 600. With stock gearing and an m4 carbon shorty slip-on. No speedo healer. Done on the Austin tollway the climb took longer from 172 to the 181 than it did 75-172 .I remember telling myself to stick it out to see if it/ I would even in fact do it. How fast do y'all actually think I was going? Take into account this was over probably a 3 to 4 mile stretch

·
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni
1,981 Posts
I've seen an indicated 181 on my k7 600. With stock gearing and an m4 carbon shorty slip-on. No speedo healer. Done on the Austin tollway the climb took longer from 172 to the 181 than it did 75-172 .I remember telling myself to stick it out to see if it/ I would even in fact do it. How fast do y'all actually think I was going? Take into account this was over probably a 3 to 4 mile stretch
42. You were going 42 MPH, :squid. Get that stupid shit off the highway.

An no more zombie threads.

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
i've seen an indicated 181 on my k7 600. With stock gearing and an m4 carbon shorty slip-on. No speedo healer. Done on the austin tollway the climb took longer from 172 to the 181 than it did 75-172 .i remember telling myself to stick it out to see if it/ i would even in fact do it. How fast do y'all actually think i was going? Take into account this was over probably a 3 to 4 mile stretch
163 mph

·
gixxersixxerman
1,023 Posts
On my L1 750, with a Speedohealer that's dead on at 90mph, -1 on the front recline comes at 173.. Btw this was done on a closed road.. same place and time as the new Lamborghini commercial was being filmed... Idk how far off the speedohealer is at that speed but that's what it read... and the people that say riding fast in a straight line is boring... tell that to to thousands of people that show up to speed week at the salt flats.. one of the coolest things I've been to

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
If you were on salt, you also have to figure in wheel spin. You will get a HIGHER indicated speed compared to real speed due to wheel spin on salt. Yes, at speed, it is spinning. A LOT.

·
gixxersixxerman
1,023 Posts
no i was just a spectator there.. i work at fort irwin and we have a stretch of road thats about 10 miles.. called the 10 mile stretch lol.. anyways they shut down the road on my day off and i went out to watch the filming, and while i was there they had some others doing runs on the road.. i was already in my leathers and all.. so i signed a weiver and they let me run.. bike was all stock at the time besides the front sprocket and speedohealer

this is the commercial and its filmed right outside ft irwin.. .24 seconds in you can see 10 mile

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Gents,

I have an 06 GSXR 600, Custome full (headers and all) Yoshimura exhaust with a custom intake. Power Commander that was custom mapped on a dyno, and the stock #43 swapped for a #45. I hit 178mph (indicated) in a long straight on I-75 fully maxed. If you do the math and theoretically put the #43 back on that calculates to an indicated 187mph. That's pretty heavilly modded to reach those speeds though.

After many runs at different speeds with a gps and driver followers i've calculated to about 99% accuracy a 15% miscalculation on my bikes SPEDO. My top speed, fully modded with the #45 was 152mph (178indicated)

A balls fast 0-152 and that's good enough for me :)

·
Administrator
15,466 Posts
Hello Gents,

I have an 06 GSXR 600, Custome full (headers and all) Yoshimura exhaust with a custom intake. Power Commander that was custom mapped on a dyno, and the stock #43 swapped for a #45. I hit 178mph (indicated) in a long straight on I-75 fully maxed. If you do the math and theoretically put the #43 back on that calculates to an indicated 187mph. That's pretty heavilly modded to reach those speeds though.

After many runs at different speeds with a gps and driver followers i've calculated to about 99% accuracy a 15% miscalculation on my bikes SPEDO. My top speed, fully modded with the #45 was 152mph (178indicated)

Who gives a fuck? You bring back a dead thread for this squidly story? :facepalm

·
Frame Slider Tester
1,873 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Hello Gents,

101 - 120 of 124 Posts