I reckon i got a bad one :dunno

...or maybe my 220lbs has something to do with it. :dunno

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
:spit

I reckon i got a bad one :dunno

...or maybe my 220lbs has something to do with it. :dunno
The latter of the 2. Ive seen what you do to your R1. The front end screams for a stiffer suspension.:p

·
I killed Biggie and Tupac
6,053 Posts
My 750 did 211 at Mugello..... wait that was a dream nevermind :lmao

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
The latter of the 2. Ive seen what you do to your R1. The front end screams for a stiffer suspension.:p
Teh R1 and the Ninja both have Ohlins 25mm kits with 1.0kg/mm springs Fucker :flipoff

Maybe if you stayed in the throttle a lil longer and broke a lil harder your bike might do that too. :p

·
60,366 Posts

·
6,053 Posts
In that case Huff would b the man that ate the man :lol

·
60,366 Posts
:lol

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Teh R1 and the Ninja both have Ohlins 25mm kits with 1.0kg/mm springs Fucker :flipoff

Maybe if you stayed in the throttle a lil longer and broke a lil harder your bike might do that too. :p
:lmao

Touchy? I just report what I saw. That R1 looked like it was trying to buck you off:spit

·
6,053 Posts
It mostly has to do with the shim stack in your forks. Even though u have 25mm kit, if ur shim stack isn't very aggressive u can bottom ur forks.... Well it depends on riding style and level to how aggresive u need. My bike is sprung properly and I only have half a turn of compression left. I need more shim stack....

·
60,366 Posts
:lmao

Touchy? I just report what I saw. That R1 looked like it was trying to buck you off:spit
It probably was. :D

That picture was coming into the chicane at Tally...which is one of the harder braking zones in the Southeast. The important thing is that i was braking that hard and still had some suspension travel left. :thumbup

·
60,366 Posts
It mostly has to do with the shim stack in your forks. Even though u have 25mm kit, if ur shim stack isn't very aggressive u can bottom ur forks.... Well it depends on riding style and level to how aggresive u need. My bike is sprung properly and I only have half a turn of compression left. I need more shim stack....
Don't run fun with facts. :nono

:lol

·
60,366 Posts
Look at the difference in these two pics. The second pic is after the Ohlins suspension...the first pic was on stock suspension.

The first one is coming into T1 at Jennings on stock suspension; I am not braking as hard as I am in the second picture, but my suspension is almost bottomed out.

That picture should be an ad for Ohlins. The guy in front of me has the full Ohlins Superbike Forks and look how stable his bike is compared to mine. Granted, he is on a CBR600RR so i am carrying more speed and braking harder than he is, but still.

·
60,366 Posts
This is an old pic of me coming into that same turn (chicane at Tally) on my '05 600. It had Ohlins in the forks and was setup for my weight also, but im carrying more speed on the R1 into the same braking point (relative to the bike).

·
60,366 Posts
What was this thread about? :lol

·
6,053 Posts
I think it was about going fast in a straight line :dunno Not braking in a straight line :biggrin

·
6,053 Posts
i think this is coming into turn 1 at tally or maybe the chicane. i only have
2mm of travel left on my forks.

Attachments

·
6,053 Posts

trying to drag elbow :punk

·