Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

no good news today.
I replaced my stock cam chain tensioner adjuster with an APE manual one to try to fix the ticking noise my k6 750 was making.
I replaced it…. But unfortunately now my bike won’t start.
Here’s vidshowing what happens when I try to start it now:

I will recheck wiring visually again andsee if I can find something wrong.
Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,808 Posts
Did you remove the valve cover first, to observe what was going on with your cam chain and sprockets as you did this?
It's possible that the chain jumped a tooth...worse case scenario, you've bent some valves.
Once you've lined up your timing marks, I always advise zip-tying the chain to the sprockets.

Do you have a service manual?
Put it at TDC and check your cam timing marks.
Do a compression test...then you know if you big problems or little ones.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you remove the valve cover first, to observe what was going on with your cam chain and sprockets as you did this?
It's possible that the chain jumped a tooth...worse case scenario, you've bent some valves.
Once you've lined up your timing marks, I always advise zip-tying the chain to the sprockets.

Do you have a service manual?
Put it at TDC and check your cam timing marks.
Do a compression test...then you know if you big problems or little ones.
I did zip tie the chain to the sprockets, however I didn’t line up the timing marks to begin with. The ticking noise is coming from the fuel pump relay and there is more noise coming from deeper, sounded like the throttle body. I don’t think it’s possible I bent valves throughout the process because I didn’t touch them and the bike hasn’t started up since I changed the CCT. Unless, the valves were the original problem and it somehow got worse by changing the CCT?

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
No fuel pump prime, throttle body cycling, ECM flashing warning.
Fuel pump connector same as another connector.
Primary injector connectors same as secondary connectors.
May have mixed up these connectors ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuel pump connector same as another connector.
Primary injector connectors same as secondary connectors.
May have mixed up these connectors ?
I swapped the injector connections and tried again, still same outcome.
I'm gonna do some reading through service manual.

No fuel pump prime, throttle body cycling, ECM flashing warning.
Yup, seems accurate.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
This is very interesting. Gone haywire. Should be something simple. Relay ? Test. Cooling fan relay and Fuel pump relay are the same I think. You can swap these to test.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lmao guys…… I never thought about doing anything with the battery. Safe to say I was a complete idiot but I think this was a great learning experience. Eventually it died from so many tries of starting it so I disconnected it and charged it up. Hooke her back up and just like that…. She’s up and running again.
If you check my other post I’m also gonna reply there how I fixed my original issue. What a rollercoaster. Glad I’ll finally be able to enjoy this great weather in the Midwest now though 😎

1 - 11 of 11 Posts