Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Stock exhaust DB test

10K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  Gotanewgixer 
#1 ·
Hi All, new to the site and was looking for some info :-
Has anybody had a noise test on a stock pipe K6 750
I'd like to track the bike and the Tagma scorpion i have fitted is bonkers loud.
I still have the stock system but is it worth fitting
Thank you

#5 ·
My local track (Castle Comb) says the following:

"Noise limit: STRICT 105 db(A), measured at ½ metre from the exhaust outlet at ¾ maximum revs"

So that's around 10,500 rpm on my bike. With the aftermarket exhaust I hit around 119db in my tests so I didn't even both to try at the track.

I can't seem to remove the aftermarket can either, it seems to be welded on - *sigh*

That's really interesting.
Indeed they say the GSXR won't pass the noise test at castle Combe. Indeed they test at 3/4 revs which is not ACU standard. I've had friends fall foul of their non standard test. My ZZR sails through!
At Brands and other tracks they test at 7000 rpm at 1/2 m so much better
I too had trouble taking my scorpion off. Have you tried heating it off?. I had to take a blow torch to it and it took me several hours!
I've now measured the noise with a tester I bought from Amazon and at 7k we are at 98db

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
That's really interesting.
Indeed they say the GSXR won't pass the noise test at castle Combe. Indeed they test at 3/4 revs which is not ACU standard. I've had friends fall foul of their non standard test. My ZZR sails through!
At Brands and other tracks they test at 7000 rpm at 1/2 m so much better
I too had trouble taking my scorpion off. Have you tried heating it off?. I had to take a blow torch to it and it took me several hours!
I've now measured the noise with a tester I bought from Amazon and at 7k we are at 98db
Yeh, I suspect I need to use a blow torch. My bike is quite new (just over 2 years old) and I'm not sure I'm quite ready to risk crashing it just yet.

I did a Ron Haslam race school this year on the CBR600's and was thinking I might go back and do the 1000's next year and then perhaps consider a bike rental for a Castle Comb track day.

#9 ·
Most K6-K7 600/750 bikes are too loud even in stock form to pass stationary dB test at one of the local tracks. The dB limit is 95dB @ 5500rpm (0,5m at 45 degree angle). Luckily they also have so called "noise days" when the limit is 110dB @ 4500rpm. :)

My friend's K7 600 with an Akrapovic slip-on + dB-killer and set valve in closed position did pass the test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.