Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Stock exhaust DB test

10K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  Gotanewgixer 
#1 ·
Hi All, new to the site and was looking for some info :-
Has anybody had a noise test on a stock pipe K6 750
I'd like to track the bike and the Tagma scorpion i have fitted is bonkers loud.
I still have the stock system but is it worth fitting
Thank you

#4 ·
Thanks, I put the stock back on and I did by a DB checker. Not sure how accurate it is though but reading 98 at 7000rpm
Which track did it fail and what was the reading?
My local track (Castle Comb) says the following:

"Noise limit: STRICT 105 db(A), measured at ½ metre from the exhaust outlet at ¾ maximum revs"

So that's around 10,500 rpm on my bike. With the aftermarket exhaust I hit around 119db in my tests so I didn't even both to try at the track.

I can't seem to remove the aftermarket can either, it seems to be welded on - *sigh*

#9 ·
Most K6-K7 600/750 bikes are too loud even in stock form to pass stationary dB test at one of the local tracks. The dB limit is 95dB @ 5500rpm (0,5m at 45 degree angle). Luckily they also have so called "noise days" when the limit is 110dB @ 4500rpm. :)

My friend's K7 600 with an Akrapovic slip-on + dB-killer and set valve in closed position did pass the test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.