Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Replacement stator from http://www.mtp-racing.de/

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  kwaka10r 
#1 ·
I have had problems with the stator on my GSXR-750 K6 where initially after it had got burnt I got it re-wound by Westcountry Windings in U.K. and it was crap as it burnt after 4 months, they eventually re-wound it again and it did burn again after the same 4 months!
Then I bought a Chinese one with 1 year warranty from MTP Racing in Germany: http://www.mtp-racing.de :thumbup
Quick delivery (2 days from Germany to U.K.) and as it was supposed to be 1 day the Gentleman refunded the postage to me.
The Stator charged O.K. 14.4 - 14.8 V @ idle-5000rpm and was all right for 10 months. However it gave up after 10 months as there was the 1 year guarantee I have just received the replacement from MTP Racing and the nice as always Willi who runs the business did not even want the broken item back sending the new stator a.s.a.p. to my address.
I am really impressed and with the reasonable price and a very good customer service I can recommend that company to anyone, especially with Suzuki being so cheap on the design giving us so much trouble ;)
I love my gixxer anyway! :)

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
You keep blowing stators, this would be my first sign that something else is going on. You keep charging a dead battery? New battery? What's the catch? I would, at this point, replace the RR, stator, and battery all at once! And improve the factory connections. Wow that's a lot of stator.

#4 ·
I do 10 thousand miles each year at least, riding everyday and with GSXR's known stator problems, as they burn at the same area of windings on mine - closest to the engine I am dead sure it is the fantastic Suzuki design at fault... wire thickness and how they calculated it in general - cheap or maybe just light :) - I cannot afford changing all bloody components when one of them fails and I am pretty confident my reg/rec is O.K., battery is all right as well... maybe I should change the bike but as I said I still like it! BTW Rick's stator would cost me arm and leg to be delivered from U.S., especially with their 'core replacement policy'. I recommended mtp-racing to people in Europe who are on this forum... Thanks for your response anyway :) Much appreciated.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.